Best Buy eyes early August for Velocity Micro Core 2 Duo PCs (story)

I'll have mine by the 32nd. Quad-core will be great but you can expect prices to be quite high for a real, I probably wouldnt buy one until around May/June.

Yes, we will be ready to go with loads of Core 2 Duo systems on launch day. I can't say more, but we will be very ready for the launch of this new generation of products, and we will also have systems ready to take home on the first day they are officially available from 200+ Best Buy stores all around the country. Prices are in the range of those mentioned in the article, and make for a great gaming system for the price. Visit our site or bestbuy.com for stores near you on launch day.

Stay tuned!

Very cool - the folks at Velocity sure seem to know what they're doing. I remember that a few folks were worried that vm was selling out by going into Best Buy, but it seems to me that they're doing exactly what they set out to - bring the more boutique-y experience to a mainstream audience. Nice work.

Is there going to be any more adjustment in the near future for the AMD prices, I noticed that the GE1500 now comes standard with the 4200+ (formerly a 95$ upgrade) didn't really seem like the rest of the prices on the DualX or other systems were changed much if at all.

Firespyer said:
Is there going to be any more adjustment in the near future for the AMD prices, I noticed that the GE1500 now comes standard with the 4200+ (formerly a 95$ upgrade) didn't really seem like the rest of the prices on the DualX or other systems were changed much if at all.

Good Morning-

We have updated our AMD pricing. Keep in mind that every AMD part has dropped in price, so while "upgrades" may cost the same amount, the overall system price has seen a net drop in price.

Thanks!

ChrisMorley said:
Good Morning-

We have updated our AMD pricing. Keep in mind that every AMD part has dropped in price, so while "upgrades" may cost the same amount, the overall system price has seen a net drop in price.

Thanks!
It's wierd seeing the title "noobie" by your name....

Atilac said:
It's wierd seeing the title "noobie" by your name....

Did the guy who does reviews get hired away by Velocity Micro or is it a weird coincidence their director of product development has the same name?

We've got a full news posting we're about to put up. It will give you the skinny on what's available now and what's not.

Back