Best Buy Employees Surprise Teen Who Visited Store Every Day To Play Smash Bros.

The bringing up race thing is dumb, but at the same time so is the assumption that he or his family couldn't afford it or want to buy it. It could very well be that he didn't have anything better to do and wanted to get outside the house(could be for any number of reasons) and played videogames at best buy instead of doing worse things out of boredom.
It was said in the comments on his instagram where the video originally came from, that the kids parents could not afford a WiiU. I couldn't imagine spending $300 on something that isnt really needed to survive when you live in the projects and are already just trying to get by.

1. The kid doesn't want to be at home for some reason.
2. The kids TV sucks. Or isn't.

Salty? you bet, but I think there is a reason the kid was hanging out there everyday and it would explain his non-reaction.

Nice thing to do in theory.

Yep. This "kid" was being a noodge. Best Buy is not the YMCA.

And Jesus fuck, i cant beleive someone brought up race in here "Oh hes a black and we cant just kick him out because that looks bad" Why does everything have to be about race?
Because its a hyper sensitive issue for many people right now especially an innocent young kid, just as your outrage is evidence of. So, if I were the manager, it'd factor in to my decision on how to delicately deal with the issue to avoid a scene and promote my business. This is the type of win-win solution I would have come up with, so perhaps I'm projecting.

The majority of the time my cynicism/skepticism ends up right, which you kind of have to be today, where advertisements masquerade as news, viral videos, entertainment (movie product placement), etc.

I feel bad for retail sales staff (as a whole). They get paid crap, have to deal with crap and stand all day. And to top it off they're at serious risk of not having a job tomorrow because of online shopping.

That being said, I ordered all my Christmas gifts this year from Amazon. You would not believe how much money I saved.

Wow, so many cold blooded reptiles in this thread. Good on Best Buy, Good for this kid. The end.

Found the Scrooge.
What would benefit him more in the long run, a job or the Wii U? The job. With the job he could afford a Wii U and the occasional new game with money left over. As well as the opportunity to get a different better/job later and improving his employ-ability the rest of his life.

You're judging this by your feelz. like giving a kid dessert instead of a serving of vegetables.

OTOH, it's pretentious to expect someone to employ just anyone. Since there is really no such thing as at-will employment, hiring someone is non-trivial. The Wii U was more than appropriate.

Which people that stay there? The "employees" or the "visitors"?

The village people always creeped me out.. especially with that song.
No one stays there anymore, the YMCA is basically just a gym/community center (depending upon what services each offers)

Back