Best Buy, Dell, Or what?

Seros

[H]ard|Gawd
I am in the market for a new laptop -- i dont want to spend more then 1500 and i was wondering, in everyones opinons, where the best place to buy a laptop would be?

Ive been looking around.. Dell seems very overpriced... i went to bestbuy and saw a HP with almost the exact same configuration for less..

I have about 2 weeks to make my purchase, so i want to take in as much information as possible before i buy it. Any suggestions with what i can get for 1500 and where would be very much appreciated.

Also, some guy was trying to sell me a laptop at bestbuy.. configs:

1.6 ghz (i think?)
100 Gig HD
512 RAm
128mb Onboard graphics

It was about 1100.. i was looking at one with almost the same specs but 2 ghz i believe and an 64mb X300 and he was telling me the 128 onboard was better.. was he shitting me or is this true? I dont know the onboard name but i believe it was ATI.

Im comparing this to be a laptop that will be able to run BF2.. im saying run, not have maxed out graphics

Mind you, most of Dell's Laptops they pimp on their website are priced with a 3 year NBD On-site warranty including complete care. Best Buy wants at least $250 for their shitty PSP that takes 2 months to fix your Lappy.

Best Buy's best warranty (Platinum Notebook PSP) = $500 This warranty is 3 years, only guarantees 5 business day turn-around and doesn't cover accidental damage.

Dell's Best Warranty = $400 This warranty is 4 years, gets a technician to your home or office on the next business day and covers any and all accidental damage.

Sure Dell's warranty won't cover batteries. But my four year old Inspiron 5000e has three batteries that all work fine. My 3 year old Inspiron 8200's original battery (bought one earlier this year from eBay) is still alive and kicking too. I've had only 2 customers in my territory complain about their Dell's battery dying on them after only a year. That's out of the hundreds of customers I've taken care of in the past 10 months. We're talking a less than 1% failure rate on Dell batteries. Don't forget, Dell's website also won't harass you into buying an extended warranty or a cartload of accessories with 1000% margin on them.

For the love of everything that is good in the world, please do NOT buy from bestbuy

I'd go with Dell, sure their notebooks may cost more, but I'm sure you can find a Dell discount somewhere because Dell always has discounts.

Yep looks like im going dell or new egg right now.. probably dell

Yea, dell might be a good bet.

So far I wouldn't reccomend a Toshiba laptop. I've had bad experiences with mine and a number of other people I have met along the way have also had trouble (even the newer ones from this year). I guess I could be generalizing a bit but it doesn't seem like they are using quality components. They do have good specs for their price though I will admit that.

Dell has some great deals on their stuff. I think if I was to buy another laptop i'd be looking at some of the stuff from Dell as well.

I'm not sure if it'd run your games very well but that 700m is a very nice laptop.

Back