Best Buy CPU's damaged

MRAB54

Gawd
I was surprised that Best Buy was selling AMD 3950x CPU's, they had a good deal with Borderlands 3 and The Outerworlds keys bundled. I'd rather give a brick and mortar the business than Amazon so I bit. The first package looked like it was kicked down a few flights of stairs - see pic. I returned it and reordered. The second CPU came with the sticker seal broken, I returned it. The third came and while it looked undamaged, it had bent pins. All three packages came in different sized boxes, none had bubble wrap of any sort. I'm in NE Wisconsin, so maybe it's a local distributor issue, but thought I should share.

Best Buy was great with the returns, but they need to fix that shit.

Attachments

• 20200103_122654.jpg
    20200103_122654.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 0
Were any of them in the original AMD Packaging? I got a 3900X from BB and I picked it up in store, ordered and did pick up, and it was perfect in the AMD Box with the cooler. I know the 3950X does not come with the cooler but I thought it came in the same box with just empty space where the cooler would be. I mean by your pic, if that was the outer box it shipped in then how was the CPU box and the CPU? Or did you just send it back without looking? Seems strange pins would bend since the CPU should be in the plastic CPU case then inside the AMD Box. Hard to damage that I would think.

They all came in the original AMD packaging and the second one was the only one with major visible damage with the sticker seal broken. I just returned the first. The one with bent pins had a small dent in the corner of the AMD packaging, sticker seal intact. When I opened it up, the plastic case around the CPU was popped open which probably caused the bent pins.

Ah I see. Sounds like a run of bad luck. I would do in store pickup if you could so hopefully it gets shipped better since it probably would come from some BB Depot with a bunch of stuff.

Back