Best Buy Coupon Select Items! ( Free Laptop Bags)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow this would be a possible hot deal too maybe, ill try it when i go back to a different best buy than the one i already got free ram from...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4654181&type=product&id=1051384486557

Ok so this HD is on sale for 35 after rebates, if they let you use the coupon itll come to 15 dollars total for a 120gb HD, granted its pata but still thats a really cheap drive...

what you guys think?

I am going to go to BB tonight and get that HDD for sure, thats really cheap for 120GB (not to mention I think my hard drive is dieing :( )

I worked at Best Buy's tech bench/Geek Squad for the past two years and just quit last week. Here's a trick to get out the door without paying the memory installation fee:

-Buy memory+installation at the Geek Squad precinct and tell the agent that you don't really need the memory installed, you just want the savings. They don't care if they install it or not as long as you pay for it.
-Go to customer service and return the installation. Returning an item doesn't check package pricing.

You'll have to get lucky, but if the agent you work with is cool it'll work. Do NOT talk to a manager, you're much better off working with the employee who hates his job and wants to screw Best Buy over. Believe me, that's a good 80% of the employees.

Protoform-X said:
I worked at Best Buy's tech bench/Geek Squad for the past two years and just quit last week. Here's a trick to get out the door without paying the memory installation fee:

-Buy memory+installation at the Geek Squad precinct and tell the agent that you don't really need the memory installed, you just want the savings. They don't care if they install it or not as long as you pay for it.
-Go to customer service and return the installation. Returning an item doesn't check package pricing.

You'll have to get lucky, but if the agent you work with is cool it'll work. Do NOT talk to a manager, you're much better off working with the employee who hates his job and wants to screw Best Buy over. Believe me, that's a good 80% of the employees.

I may try this. When you go to customer service to return the installation, do you give them the receipt that came with the memory purchase? What exactly should be said?

Well, I finally got my RAM for free, but it was a hell of an ordeal! I went to BB this morning and was there for over an hour trying to get them to do the deal. It almost went through right away when I was just talking to the geek squad clerk, but then the manager (who I cussed at and who kicked me out of the store yesterday) saw me, came over, and stopped the transaction. That manager hates me. Anyway, the manager called corporate and they said he didn't need to honor it, so I talked to the supervisor of the person that the manager talked to on the phone, and the supervisor said that the coupon should be honored. However, since that manager hates me he said that there was no chance they would let me use the coupon. So I decided to leave the store. But before I left I bought the 120GB hard drive that was on sale at one of the regular cashiers, and they took the coupon. The manager saw that happening and would have none of it, so he chased me down outside the store and said that he was going to void the transaction and that I would be charged with theft if I didn't return the hard drive. I knew he was full of crap, but I decided I didn't want to press my luck, and just returned the thing. I got home and called 1-888-bestbuy again, and told them how I was threatened with theft charges and whatnot, and they gave me a name and number that the manager should call when I return to the store. So I go back to the store, told the manager who to talk to, and eventually the manager was basically forced to give me the deal. So I got totally free RAM and a $15 hard drive today. Plus, I got to really piss off a total prick. All in all it was a good day, but I don't know if it was really worth all the hassle.

I will not (F) with the HogDaddy...He is a (H)ard SOB...Go get'em HogDaddy..LOL

"I don't know if it was really worth all the hassle."
Yes it was, and this is why "I got to really piss off a total prick"

I"m gonan go try for the hd tomarrow and maybe a laptop bag later.

great story there hogdaddy.

Good going, HogDaddy. Definitely worth it to annoy a prick.

Is it just me, or does Best Buy seem to have the worst managers? At most stores the managers are always extra polite, and very diplomatic. All the Best Buy mangers I have talked to have been rude jerks. Do you think they train them to be extra rude and annoying at Best Buy?

I still haven't got a reply from best buy's lack of customer service department....bastards :mad:

Edit:

Damn straight! Just got this in my email:

We appreciate your concern about the coupon printout. The coupon is valid and will be honored for qualifying RAM purchases and installation. Please print out this email and bring it to the store along with the coupon to fulfill the offer.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns

Looks like I get to piss some people off too. :p

just picked up the 120gb hd. I completely forgot to look at laptop bags even though I need one. Guess I have to go again tomarrow.

BladeVenom said:
Good going, HogDaddy. Definitely worth it to annoy a prick.

Is it just me, or does Best Buy seem to have the worst managers? At most stores the managers are always extra polite, and very diplomatic. All the Best Buy mangers I have talked to have been rude jerks. Do you think they train them to be extra rude and annoying at Best Buy?
No, its their policy to have jerk a§§hole managers... at least from the 4 best buy's I've been to in my area. I haven't yet run into a nice one. (except when you call corporate on them and they get an a§§ whoopin ;) ) If you read my rant in post #198 of this thread, it should get you some giggles and might even relate to some of your own experiences. :p

Hey guys, I finally went and got some 512 pc2700 (all they had left, fine with me cuz half of my computers still run on that) and a $10 calculator for my sis. The guy rang up the coupon and the ram and the calculator. The total was like $10 something :) Hooray for coupons!

Rori said:
“No. We looked at a bunch of web sites, and they all say this isn’t a Best Buy coupon. You see, images.bestbuy.com isn’t run by Best Buy.”

They tried to pull this crap on me, but if you right click on any image on bestbuy.com, and click on properties, you will see that it comes from images.bestbuy.com. If you copy and paste the URL that is in the properties of that image into a new browser window, you will get a page with only that image on it. When you show that little trick to one of the idiot managers/geek squad clerks/cashiers or whatever other morons you may come across, it should shut them up. That is...until they forget that you proved them wrong on that particular point.

I tried to use the coupon at my local Best Buy, and the manager wouldn't honor the coupon, and when I asked him to call Best Buy office to see if the coupon was valid he threatened to call the police on me for trespassing. I called Best Buy customer service and they said they would tell him it was valid and they were going to honor it, customer service then tells me the manager said I was using an altered coupon. The Best Buy managers at my local stores are a**holes, and liars.

I really hate that store, worst rudest managers out of any store I've ever been in.

Thank you OP. got 2 bags(1 of each kind) back when this was a 1 page thread
and two sticks of laptop memory(begining of this week on seperate days)
got denied a day later for a third stick a day later but thats because the person ringing me up
had to ask for help and got the computer manager involved(who disapeared in the back where they keep there copy macine with my coupon ;) )

Well, I got a gig out of this deal.

I tried for another 512 today, and the manager recognized me. He made me bring in my machine (probably the nicest most of the Geek Squad have handled there) and show him here I found the coupon. He disappeared for a sec and came back stating he was "refusing me service". I drove home and called BB CS and talked to them, and they are now saying 1 coupon per customer.

I just got the bag deal. I ended going to BB to pick up a laptop backpack (still expensive though, at 70 bucks :( ) I then went to staples and proceeded to pick up a bag for a penny :-D

Got my 512 today, only felt like bringing in 1 computer, another co-worker picked up around 3 gigs from various different best buys with 2 different computers and a laptop.

Finally got some free ram...bastards were out of 512 sticks, so I got a 256 stick of pc3200 instead.

I'll hit the other store tomorrow for my 512.

i believe today was the last day :( too bad i missed it :(

i need a laptop bag for the longest time..

damn i seen this coupon the other day, but there was so much controversy about the bb employees trying to not honor it. I bet bb is pissed at whoever came up with this coupon :D

frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif

not good...I had customers pull this out on me

Yesterday i tried to get memory for free and was rejected. Today i called bb number and told him they wouldn't let me use it, so he offered to give me a free installation and give me a small discount on the memory, but can't do free.

i printed out a handful of the coupons today, and made sure to print the url to the ad on the back of the coupon in case they tried to pull some kind of "hacker" or "misprint" excuses as it's still on their website and unmodified.

first, I went to bbuy to checkout laptop bags, completely forgetting about the ram upgrades...

they didn't have any bags for under $50 at my store, so i took the coupon to office depot and picked out a $30 bag, and they honored the coupon.

then i remembered the ram upgrades, and called my friend to see if he wanted to upgrade his laptops, since mine takes SD-Ram, i didn't think they had any. my friend was out of town for the day...

so I took this other laptop i own that was given to me (i took the hdd out to make it a portable usb drive) along with this laptop hoping I would be able to get 2 upgrades with 2 people and 2 laptops...

so I scour the ram rack, and they were sold out of sdram.. i didn't expect much.. so I grabbed 2x512mb ddr sticks (surprisingly only $54) and stood in line at the geeksquad counter. they wrote out a ticket and told me to go to customer service to get rung up. i go and stand in line at customer service, and she rings up the ram and the geek squad installation, and I ask her if she'd let me use both coupons on the same ticket. she briefly glances over the coupons and says "It doesn't say you can't", and scans both coupons, tenders it out, looks at the receipt and says .. "... OH... wow... umm... it looks like you don't have to pay anything"

hahahaha... so she gave me all the paper work and stuff and tells me to go back over and stand in the geek squad line... so i comply... get impatient, and think .."Hey.. i don't even need to have this stuff installed!" so i leave

hahahaha... 2x512mb ddr laptop sticks free... and I can't even use them :p

The sales manager (Christian Powers, Best Buy Southgate Michigan--now fired ) accused us of "breaking" and "sabotaging" the computer systems. We called corporate and got a complaint filed against him.:D

What a retard! Christin Powers was never fired! he got promoted to GM and ran many other stores. He build the Findley BB!

You removed the bios jumper and got caught cause you are a liar! ha !!! And, now you are trying to get people to think you are some.. GREAT GUY for being a liar! no wounder you got banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back