Best Buy and TiVo Are Forming an Alliance

HardOCP News

[H] News
Best Buy and TiVo have teamed up in a weird kind of multi-year cross advertisement deal. Best Buy will “heavily” promote TiVo and in return TiVo will allow Best Buy to advertise to TiVo subscribers.

On Thursday, the companies plan to announce that Best Buy will heavily promote TiVo products in its 1,100 stores in the United States. TiVo will develop a version of its set-top box, to be sold in Best Buy stores, that will let the retailer advertise its products and services to TiVo subscribers on their home televisions.

Yeah, that's really what consumers want: more Best Buy ads.

Its bad enough I see ads in my damn channel line up.
If I see more, only more anger will result.

So BB employees will be told to sell even more lies for people to get tivo? Tivo is sooo 20th century anyway... I guess they have retirees they can shaft now.

Great something I bought to skip commercials is now being used to give me them. I cant wait.

So BB employees will be told to sell even more lies for people to get tivo? Tivo is sooo 20th century anyway... I guess they have retirees they can shaft now.

And it's still far and away better than any cable provider's DVR

Even with the ads it (for me) has been better than any DVR I've seen.

My cable company tried to get me to switch to their DVR because "It's the same thing as a TiVo"...

Do not want BB commercials popping up every 5 mins instead of every ten that they already do, I am sick of the one where she talks about the damn tvs and says he called them because they are knowledgeable. Yeah right.

Want the ads to stop from BB completely? Stop buying from the store. The more you shop there the more money they have for ads. :p

Back