Best budget PSU?

IntelOwnz

Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
710
I wanted to get a Seasonic but they are a little expensive, I am looking for something aroun 500-600W
Needs to somewhat future proof for the specs in my sig
 
not sure if a 500w-600w will be future proof for a new R600 but anyways I got the modular Sunbeamtech NUUO 550w off the forums for $43 shipped, Newegg sells them new for around $55 (on sale) I haven't used it yet but jonnyGURU gave it a good review and I trust jonny
 
lol @ jonny


This is the system I am going to be building in the early fall, I may go quad-core and perhaps the second revision of the 8800gtx/gtx

E6400
2GB OCZ Gold DDR2800
Gigabyte DQ6
XFX 7950GT or 8800GTS/GTX
2x WD360ADFD Raid-0
X-Fi XtremeGamer

I think I am going to need around 550W but anything from 500-600W with decent current on each amp would be suffiecient I believe
 
kind of what I thought, if you can't trust jonny on PSU reviews then who are you gonna trust?
 
Rosewill rebrands so many different brands of PSU's, you can't tell who made it until after you buy it.

They run from pretty good to trash!

The Sunbeam 550W on has a max combined of +12V@30A, no future here.

The Corsair 620W or Siverstone Olympia 650W seem about right, they are both about $127.
 
The Ultra-V Power supply that was FAR got some nice reviews at AnandTech, (I think it was the site.)


It's 500 watts but I think they have them higher. Shouldn't cost too much, they are 'budget' powersupplies.

...Coulda been Jonnyguru though...
 
Have you thought about a 400-500 watt power supply. I am sure you can run 2 8800GTX and a conroe on a 400 watt system. Hell it has been done before by someone at SPCR
 
Have you thought about a 400-500 watt power supply. I am sure you can run 2 8800GTX and a conroe on a 400 watt system. Hell it has been done before by someone at SPCR
You are giving the worst advice I have seen in a long, long time! :rolleyes:
 
OCZ makes this 600W model. The specs on it are great.

The ripple isn't too great, and it's 4 railed. Single is the future.

You are giving the worst advice I have seen in a long, long time! :rolleyes:

It's not exactly great advice, I'm sure it CAN be done, if you have a psu strong enough to even if it's "only" 450 or 500w with enough amperage, but you're pushing it to the limits, and that's never a good thing. And, you won't have any headroom for the future.

Better to buy a good power supply now and not worry later.
 
I did not know who Jonny was, I thought it was some random kid who gave you some advice...someone should have clued me in, lmao

I think I will just save up for the Seasonic that I was going to originally buy. Thanks anyways guys.
 
I did not know who Jonny was, I thought it was some random kid who gave you some advice...someone should have clued me in, lmao

I think I will just save up for the Seasonic that I was going to originally buy. Thanks anyways guys.
The Corsair 620W is made by Seasonic & has a 5yr warranty. ;)
 
Back
Top