Best budget gpu for Pentium G4400

Hi guys I'm new here, I have a question for you all. Whats the best budget GPU for my proci? I have, msi b150m bazooka with ddr4 8gb ram 21mhz, GT 730, Kcas-600w. I'm a student so, I'm planning to upgrade my GPU for my birthday. Thank you all, godspeed

What size / resolution monitor are you using? What games do you play often / are you hoping to play post-upgrade? Where are you located?

The RX 480 is a good price-to-performance option on the AMD side, or maybe a used 290/390X or Fury if you can find one cheap, and the GTX 1050Ti / GTX 1060 6GB / GTX 1070 are good on the Nvidia side. Price point and resolution / games are what matter in making a recommendation. You aren't giving us enough to go on.

Hi guys I'm new here, I have a question for you all. Whats the best budget GPU for my proci? I have, msi b150m bazooka with ddr4 8gb ram 21mhz, GT 730, Kcas-600w. I'm a student so, I'm planning to upgrade my GPU for my birthday. Thank you all, godspeed

Considering your build, I'd look at the 1050ti or a rx470 on sale, or either on sale.

What size / resolution monitor are you using? What games do you play often / are you hoping to play post-upgrade? Where are you located?

The RX 480 is a good price-to-performance option on the AMD side, or maybe a used 290/390X or Fury if you can find one cheap, and the GTX 1050Ti / GTX 1060 6GB / GTX 1070 are good on the Nvidia side. Price point and resolution / games are what matter in making a recommendation. You aren't giving us enough to go on.
I'm planning to go with 1080p, But my current resolution now is 1280x1024 i have squared type LCD monitor (planning to buy soon), Games I play often, GTA V, Dying Light, CS:GO, Dota 2, depends on my mood. Hoping yes, I'm from Philippines :)

I'm planning to go with 1080p, But my current resolution now is 1280x1024 i have squared type LCD monitor (planning to buy soon), Games I play often, GTA V, Dying Light, CS:GO, Dota 2, depends on my mood. Hoping yes, I'm from Philippines

I probably go with 1050TI for $139 or RX460 for $119 if your budget if below $150. $150-$200 range, I go with RX470.

I would say that the 1050ti>RX460 = 950gtx, but it really depends on the budget as I have seen the 460's and 950's in the $90 range. On a side note those pentium Skylake's are really no slouch until you start getting games that can utilize the extra cores of the i5's and higher.

If you can catch the MSI GTX 1050Ti GT OC in stock @ Amazon.com, buy it. (And I'm referring to the one sold and fulfilled BY Amazon.com itself - no resellers.) The biggest problem with ALL the GTX 1050Ti GPUs has been (at Amazon.com, that is) stock shortage due to them getting snapped up by miners - the RX 4xx has the same woes) - it forced me into a month-long stall. Fortunately, I pulled the trigger Saturday, and it was waiting for me Monday (colonoscopy early in the AM that same day - hence a nice prezzy to come home to). So far, when it comes to DX11, it spits out a consistent 1080p @ 30 fps or better in every game with that API I've thrown at it - no exceptions. I even went back and pulled SimCity 2013 out of mothballs, reinstalled it, then cranked the graphical setting in IT to the max. Same thing. Yeeks. If it does the same with Crysis 3 (digging that out of mothballs this week), I'm gonna be feeling Rather Smug.

If you can catch the MSI GTX 1050Ti GT OC in stock @ Amazon.com, buy it. (And I'm referring to the one sold and fulfilled BY Amazon.com itself - no resellers.) The biggest problem with ALL the GTX 1050Ti GPUs has been (at Amazon.com, that is) stock shortage due to them getting snapped up by miners - the RX 4xx has the same woes) - it forced me into a month-long stall. Fortunately, I pulled the trigger Saturday, and it was waiting for me Monday (colonoscopy early in the AM that same day - hence a nice prezzy to come home to). So far, when it comes to DX11, it spits out a consistent 1080p @ 30 fps or better in every game with that API I've thrown at it - no exceptions. I even went back and pulled SimCity 2013 out of mothballs, reinstalled it, then cranked the graphical setting in IT to the max. Same thing. Yeeks. If it does the same with Crysis 3 (digging that out of mothballs this week), I'm gonna be feeling Rather Smug.

you will be heavy limited by that CPU in most games at 1080P even with that GPU... try to catch at least one cheap i5 it will be night/day difference experience and smoothness while gaming..

I would have thought so in other DX11 games; so far, that meme has been proven Rather Wrong. In fact, the only places that meme has proven itself is in DX12, and in games newer (not older) than Crysis 3 - which is why Crysis 3 (not 2) could well be where (and why) that meme proves out with DX11. I am still looking for the odd Haswell i5 (because I want no part of doing a complete rebuild, as DDR4 is still pricey). Crysis 3 has been one of those games that have demanded a quad-core (I'm not denying that); still, I'm understandably curious, seeing what's come out so far.

you will be heavy limited by that CPU in most games at 1080P even with that GPU... try to catch at least one cheap i5 it will be night/day difference experience and smoothness while gaming..
Not as limited (even in Crysis 2 OR 3) as expected. That may be true of older GPUs (older than Pascal, but newer than Fermi - which means Kepler and both generations of Maxwell). While Crysis 3 doesn't go to Ultra by default (it is likely more multicore-favoring than Crysis 2) it stays right around that 1080p@30fps measurement every other DX11 game hovers around - at Very High Detail. Crysis 2, on the other hand, DID peg the Graphical Settings meter - apparently I'm not through getting shocks yet.

Back