Best Budget Card?

Psycho

Gawd
I'm building a small system just to fuck around with. This system is designed for apps and not games as i don't even play games anymore. What's a great budget minded card that will compliment my system? Thanks

Vista X64 Ultimate
Amd X2 6000+
8gb Kingston PC2 6400
Antec 5xxW Power supply
Foxconn A7GM-S
WD 500GB 7200rpm SATA

If its just for programs, you wont need any 3d acceleration. Go with the cheapest pci card you can find (hell, even a used one).

If its just for programs, you wont need any 3d acceleration. Go with the cheapest pci card you can find (hell, even a used one).

He still needs something with decent Vista driver support though, so an old PCI card wouldn't really fit the bill.

I would go for something used (I'm selling my 8600gt for $40 shipped in around a week or so if you want to wait ;)). Even though you won't really need it, an 8600gt will run circles around a 7200gs for not much more than the one linked ($33 after shipping/tax) and in case you get the urge to play a game, it'll pretty much max any besides the most intensive games at modest resolutions such as 1440x900.

Ummm your motherboard has onboard video.... that should be plenty good enough for what you need.

I'm building a small system just to fuck around with. This system is designed for apps and not games as i don't even play games anymore. What's a great budget minded card that will compliment my system? Thanks

Vista X64 Ultimate
Amd X2 6000+
8gb Kingston PC2 6400
Antec 5xxW Power supply
Foxconn A7GM-S
WD 500GB 7200rpm SATA

whats your budget?

Hey Psycho nice to see you back on the forums. I sent you a PM about the $165.00 i sent you for a computer system back in May 2007 that you never shipped and stole.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1187064

Please respond to my PM's

Well he was on as recent as last night. I hope you get a response to your PM's. Did you report that you got ripped off? Almost surprised the guy can still post on these boards after that.

Back