• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best budget AM2/AM2+

John Nice

n00b
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
19
I am looking for a good budget AM2/AM2+ board.

I am really looking for stability over anything else, as the board probably won't get over-clocked too much, with price/features a close second.

any links or reviews appreciated too, thanks.
 
I can only speak for the 1 that I have used but abit's AX78 seems very good for the money with some very nice touches for an inexpensive mobo - in fact I bought a second.
 
thanks for the replies, do you guys know offhand whether either of these boards are compatible with the new Phenom's?
 
I bought that Biostar A770 after my older motherboard went out and so I put my old 3600+ x2 back in and oc'd it to 2.5ghz and a little ram oc and man all I can say is that this mobo is as stable as a rock. I ran 24 hours of small ffts on orthos and 24 more hours of blend right after than and after 48 hours of testing it came up with no errors and i touched the heatsink thats on the NB and it wasn't even hot at all. I do have a low rpm fan blowing on it but still it runs pretty cool.

I bought the open box one from newegg and its in good shape.
 
M3A I got for $80. No complaints, only Phenom board I've worked with.

Get something with an SB700 if you can, their in the wild now (I believe), and SB700 is significantly better than SB600.
 
M3A I got for $80. No complaints, only Phenom board I've worked with.

Get something with an SB700 if you can, their in the wild now (I believe), and SB700 is significantly better than SB600.

what's the main difference between them? (SB600 and SB700)

Do you know of any specific boards offhand that are SB700?

Thanks
 
Back
Top