Best Browser Homepage to replace iGoogle?

kbrickley

Supreme [H]ardness
With the demise of iGoogle Homepage pending are there any good replacement home pages. I enjoyed the newsfeeds, weather, quotes, and various features on the iGoogle page. What are the best replacements for it? Anybody have some favorite configurable home pages? Thanks :)

Thanks ... some excellent links and alternatives to check out before I switch in the Fall ... appeciate the feedback :)

I'm thinking of building my own using droopal or mediawiki (or similar). A low end VPS can handle it... and it would be a good excuse to learn one of the CMS's, a little PHP, Javascript, etc.

Has anyone already gone that direction?

Posted this in another thread asking (which linked to this thread). My favorite is protopage.com. You can customize it, add widgets, etc. I use it for RSS feed viewing despite it being far more capable.

Google does everything right! But in all seriousness, protopage.com is pretty ballin.

about:blank is my favorite homepage because it acts the same way I like my women.

it's sad that people think this function needs to be on a server. like you can't have a local web page that aggregates remote data.

it's sadder that no developer is making a local version of this

ps: if igoogle is a netvibes clone, my advice is try netvibes

Back