• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best board for Intel 2500K?

iGypsy

n00b
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
3
Help me pick a board! There are so many, and the price range is huge. I'd like to save money, but be able to access relevant features such as sli / crossfire, etc. Thanks!
 
Maximus IV Extreme is what I would consider to be the best board for any unlocked Sandy Bridge processor.

Now, if you would please be a bit more specific about the features that you want/need.
 
$200.00 budget ideally. I'd like to build a solid gaming pc for under $1000
 
$200.00 budget ideally. I'd like to build a solid gaming pc for under $1000

If you're trying to build a solid gaming PC on that budget I wouldn't spend $200 on a motherboard personally. You'd be better off getting a ~$100 motherboard and putting what you saved into video.
 
basically 1155 chips are easy to OC... 4.4ghz at 1.3 (easy), 5.0 at 1.5(dangerous)

I would just look for boards with enough heatsinks over the mosfets/VRMs if you go past EASY mode.

anything else would be features like x16 SLI/CF, how many PCI / x1 slots you need... almost all boards have SATA 6, USB3.0, eSATA, 4 DIMMS
 
Back
Top