Best Board for 2800+ 1,256mb DDR440?

Well, here's my story, I have the following machine which I use for gaming and severe multitasking.

Currently:
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
SLK 900U W/ 92mm Quad LED Fan
DFI lanparty KT400A
1256mb Geil Ultra DDR400
SATA-80gb [Onboard]
Radeon 9600 Pro [256 mb]
500W PSU

All in a Full Tower Chemning Case.

What happened is that while at a LAN party, I let someone take out my temporary 9000 Pro Video Card and put my 9600 Pro in and check it out while I was on a Beer run. The broke off a small capacitor which used to reside directly under the AGP security clip. Somehow the board still functions as I am using it now, but it really sucks and gets some extreme lag when I get to muliti tasking.

I need a good suggestion for a good board in the 0->$90 range, I am also going to buy an EIDE raid card [Raid 0] with only 2 drives unfortunately [both 80gb W.D. Special Editions w/8mb buffer].
So onboard Sata isn't needed.

All I need on this board is AGP 8x and onboard Sound, other than that, the sky is the limit for the $$, but I want the best performance for my dollar, I am not partial to brands so the best whatever it may be, will do. I definately want to change Chipsets, NF2 or KT400 Ultra maybe?? Whatever may be best.

Thnx,
--[H]itman

I had a NF7-S V2.0 and really liked it alot. Plus it can be had for around $100. It has SATA RAID it comes with one PATA to SATA adapter. you just need to get another to use your RAID setup. I used the adapters on my NF7-S it was great. I'm still using them on my IC7-Max3.

yeah, I am trying to get away from SATA, I've only have bad luck with it so far and EIDE has been around alot longer and has been more thoroughly tested so I am going to stick with that in a Raid 0 config via 2 x 80Gb W.D. S.e. Drives w 8mb buffer.

Back