Best 'Bang for your Buck' Sound System

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
im looking into upgrading from the current crappy 2.1 cyber acoustics set I have, but I can't quite decide on a certain system.

I really don't need surround sound since my laptop only has a headphone jack, so 5.1 isn't a necessity right now, but it's always a plus.

I have been looking at the Logitech systems: Z-2300 and Z-5500
Klipsch may be good: Klipsch ProMedia GMX 2.1 and 5.1
Or even home theater systems: Philips MX5600D is one that I'm really looking at.

I would like to keep this new system under 300$. the Philips retails for about 400$, but Sam's Club has them for 300$.
I would also like to have multiple inputs (hence the Z-5500, ProMedia, and Home Theater setup)

I've read numerous reviews, but can't seem to make up my mind. The Klipsch are an excellent brand, great quality, and multiple inputs. The Logitechs are also excellent, great quality, but more power and less inputs. A Home Theater system would probably deliver all of the above: power, quality, and inputs.

The more I save the better. So if someone would recommend a good sub200$ system, all the better. The Z-5500s are looking good w/ the [H]ot Deal. Also, what I'm looking at is something w/ a really good bass response because I'd be playing games (CoD, UT2K4, etc) and listening to music, and I love hearing the bass.

Anyways... what's your opinion? I want everybody's opinions on what they think would suit my needs best.

TSS Modder said:
im looking into upgrading from the current crappy 2.1 cyber acoustics set I have, but I can't quite deside on a certain system.

I really don't need surround sound since my laptop only has a headphone jack, so 5.1 isn't a necessity right now, but it's always a plus.

I have been looking at the Logitech systems: Z-2300 and Z-5500
Klipsch may be good: Klipsch ProMedia GMX 2.1 and 5.1
Or even home theater systems: Philips MX5600D is one that I'm really looking at.

I would like to keep this new system under 300$. the Philips retails for about 400$, but Sam's Club has them for 300$.
I would also like to have multiple inputs (hence the Z-5500, ProMedia, and Home Theater setup)

I've read numerous reviews, but can't seem to make up my mind. The Klipsch are an excellent brand, great quality, and multiple inputs. The Logitechs are also excellent, great quality, but more power and less inputs. A Home Theater system would probably deliver all of the above: power, quality, and inputs.

The more I save the better. So if someone would recommend a good sub200$ system, all the better. The Z-5500s are looking good w/ the [H]ot Deal. Also, what I'm looking at is something w/ a really good bass response because I'd be playing games (CoD, UT2K4, etc) and listening to music, and I love hearing the bass.

Anyways... what's your opinion? I want everybody's opinions on what they think would suit my needs best.
The z640s would be perfect for you. They are kick-ass for $100Canadian and are loud and have lots of bass for the size of the sub.

i really like the Z-2300 and 5500 speakers. the 2300s are nice, but theres no extra inputs, but for 120$ theyre really nice.

im seriously considering a HT system. whats your guys' opinions on some HT systems? the HTs are convenient because i have lots of power, lots of inputs, and can play CDs whenever I feel like it.

Yeah, a receiver + bookshelf speakers would be a much better idea. Pick up a refurbished Onkyo TX-SR502 at ecost for $150. Then, go to CompUSA and pick up a pair of Infinity Primus 150 bookshelf speakers at $70 each. If you price match at Circuit City, you can get them for $120/pair. Leaves you $30 for a nice dinner, or you can save that and then get a Velodyne VX-10 subwoofer at 6ave.com for $130. I was running the exact same setup for about a month (eventually returned the Primus 150's cause I'm going to splurge and get some *really* nice speakers) and it was amazing. It blew away EVERY set of computer speakers I've heard. Since all you need is 2.1 for now, this is a great setup, and it leaves you with the flexibility of upgrading to 5.1 or 7.1 in the future.

The Primus 150's are great speakers for $200/pair. For $120/pair, they're absoluely amazing. I really don't think you'll find anything better at that price point. They're very detailed and somewhat on the bright side. The Velodyne subwoofer is powerful enough for a mid sized room. Try it out, I think you'll be pleased with this setup.

Eric1285 said:
Yeah, a receiver + bookshelf speakers would be a much better idea. Pick up a refurbished Onkyo TX-SR502 at ecost for $150. Then, go to CompUSA and pick up a pair of Infinity Primus 150 bookshelf speakers at $70 each. If you price match at Circuit City, you can get them for $120/pair. Leaves you $30 for a nice dinner, or you can save that and then get a Velodyne VX-10 subwoofer at 6ave.com for $130. I was running the exact same setup for about a month (eventually returned the Primus 150's cause I'm going to splurge and get some *really* nice speakers) and it was amazing. It blew away EVERY set of computer speakers I've heard. Since all you need is 2.1 for now, this is a great setup, and it leaves you with the flexibility of upgrading to 5.1 or 7.1 in the future.

The Primus 150's are great speakers for $200/pair. For $120/pair, they're absoluely amazing. I really don't think you'll find anything better at that price point. They're very detailed and somewhat on the bright side. The Velodyne subwoofer is powerful enough for a mid sized room. Try it out, I think you'll be pleased with this setup.

All that stuff is very nice but it is a lot of stuff. When I wanted to simplify without chopping audio quality I found it very difficult. I wanted to eliminate all the crap I had around my desk. If I had a computer connected to my home theatre system than it would be no problem. I have two computer systems in my computer room. One using the Klipsch and the other using the Altec Lancing 658T. Both are THX rated and sound cool for their compactness. My favorite is the Altec's. I don't even know if you can purchase them anymore.

^
|
isn't that only for home entertainment?
THX in theaters is still good, right?

surprised no one has yet recommended the altec mx5021's...

yea i know that THX doesnt mean squat.. its just cool.

those altec mx5021's look awesome. does anyone have any personal experience w/ these?

THX standards for theaters are worth something, but for consumer audio gear.. not at all. As far as I can tell, THX just means it has a big, boomy sub.

http://www.yamahashoponline.com/product.asp?sku=2224809

HTR-5230 Natural Sound Home Theater Receiver

PRICE CUT! Under $100 now. Limited time offer.

AUDIO SECTION
Minimum RMS Output Power per Channel
MAIN 20Hz-20kHz, 0.06% THD, 8 ohms...60W + 60W
1kHz, 0.09%THD, 8 ohms...70W + 70W
CENTER 20Hz-20kHz, 0.06% THD, 8 ohms...60W
1kHz, 0.09% THD, 8 ohms...70W
REAR 20Hz-20kHz, 0.06% THD, 8 ohms...60W + 60W
1kHz, 0.09% THD, 8 ohms...70W + 70W
Dynamic Power per Channel MAIN, 8/6/4/2 ohms...90/110/130/150W
Dynamic Headroom 8 ohms...1.76dB
Damping Factor MAIN L/R, 20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms...60
Input Sensitivity/Impedance CD, etc...150mV/47k ohms
Maximum Input Signal Level Cd, etc (Effect on)...2.2V
Output Level/Impedance REC OUT...150mV/1.2k ohms
SUBWOOFER (EFFECT OFF, MAIN SP:SMALL)
MONO...4.0V/1.2k ohms
Headphone Jack Rated Output/Impedance CD, etc, (150mV, 8 ohms)...470mV/390 ohms
Frequency Response (20Hz-20kHz) CD, etc, MAIN L/R...0+/-0.5dB
Tone Control Characteristics
BASS: Boost/Cut...+/-10dB (50Hz)
Turnover Frequency...350Hz
TREBLE: Boost/Cut...+/-10dB (20kHz)
Turnover Frequency...3.5kHz
Filter Characteristics SUBWOOFER OUT: LPF...fc=90Hz, 18dB/oct
MAIN, CENTER, REAR SP SMALL: HPF...fc=90Hz, 12dB/oct
Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz-20kHz) CD, etc, to MAIN SP OUT L/R (35W/8 ohms)...0.025%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A-Network) Cd, etc, Input Shorted (Effect off)...96dB
Residual Noise (IHF-A-Network) MAIN, SP OUT...150uV
Channel Separation (Vol. -30dB, Effect off) CD, etc, Input 5.1k ohms Shorted, 1kHz...60dB
VIDEO SECTION
Video Signal type NTSC
Composite Video Signal Level 1Vp-p/75 ohms
Video Maximum Input Level 1.5Vp-p
Video Signal-to-Noise Ratio 50dB
Monitor Output Frequency Response Composite Video Signal...5Hz-10MHz, -3dB
TUNER SECTION (FM)
Tuning Range 87.5 to 107.9MHz
50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 75 ohms) Mono (1kHz, 100% Mod)...1.6uV (15.3dBf)
Stereo (1kHz, 100% Mod)...23uV (38.5dBf)
Selectivity (400kHz) 75dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio Mono/Stereo (IHF)...81/75dB
Harmonic Distortion Mono/Stereo (1kHz)...0.1./0.2%
Stereo Separation 1kHz...48dB
Frequency Response 20Hz-15kHz...0 +/-1dB
Output Level FM 100% Mod. 1kHz...550mV
Antenna Input 75 ohms unbalanced
TUNER SECTION (AM)
Tuning Range 530 to 1,710kHz
Usable Sensitivity 300uV/m
Output Level AM 30% Mod. 1kHz...150mV
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 52dB
Antenna Loop Antenna
Dimensions Width = 17 1/8 in.
Height = 5 15/16
Depth = 15 3/4 in.
Weight 22 lbs. 1 oz.

(Specifications subject to change without notice)

im really kinda turning away from surround sound just because i have no purpose for it. i really do like the promedia 5.1, but i might get the 2.1s.

im really beginning to like the logitech z-2300s and the klipsch promedia GMX 2.1.

the z-2300s seem better according to reviews, and they have more power, and theyre cheaper. what do you guys thing? heck, thatd save me tons of money. the only thing is that if i save that much money i might buy an external sound card, which would then support surround sound. i have no idea.

i was just looking at the logitech z-5300s... hows the quality of those? they look really nice, and theyre inexpensive for a surround sound setup. i can get them for approx. 150$. i think i might be set on those for the price.

ill continue looking at reviews, but in the meantime could some of you guys post some opinions and experiences w/ the systems? esp the z-5300.

EDIT: while im at it... wats the best 'bang for your buck' external usb2 sound card? the creatives (usb2 and pc card) seem really nice, but im gettin mixed reviews. one persons says it superb, and the other says it gives the 'blue screech of death.' wat are your opinions and expiences w/ these two too?

First I look for the brand name. Then, I generally look for the amp's minimum rated impedence. Lower is better. Speakers that are rated as 8ohm speakers can frequently have impedences of 6 or lower on certain frequencies. Additionally, you can generally get more sound out of a lower impedence speaker. Wattage numbers are insignifigant.

Mind you, I've not heard that reciever, but Yamaha receivers generally don't suck. So, I thought it was a good deal. One of the posters did have a good point about the video switching, but if this is going to be for audio use only, the video switching capabilities are of minimal importance.

Generally, however, amplifiers quality isn't going to be your limiting factor. They have advanced to such a point that just about anyone can make a passable amp nowadays for very little money.

Most of your money should be sunk into speakers. If your budget is <$500, then you would be best served by buying a stereo pair for now, and building it up as funds become available.

BTW, what is your budget?

p.s. the Klipsch Promedia GMX speakers suck. Lots.

ive kinda ruled out the Klipsch. theyre too underpowered for me.

budget: im not really willing to go more than 300$.

what are your takes on the logitech z-5300? 150$ for 280W surround sound system. according to Tom's Hardware, they are excellent speakers.

i still need some recommendations for sound cards. im using my lappy for all entertainment, so if i buy a 5.1 setup, i might as well get a sound card to support it. the less wires i have the better for when i get a new desk. the creative audigy 2 zs notebook is nice since it goes into the pc card slot.

i really would like to go surround though. 300$ can get me a lot. i just need some recommendations.

what would you guys recommend for a sound card? im really liking the audigy zd notebook. small but powerful, but the audigy nx has much more connectors. i have no idea. whatre your guys' takes on these?

I thought you said that you were turning away from surround sound? :confused:

I'd go two-channel at first too, it's a great way to get into audio, and lets you expand slowly over time.

BO(V)BZ said:

I'd go two-channel at first too, it's a great way to get into audio, and lets you expand slowly over time.

Yep...start with a receiver and some decent speakers...pick up a sub...start upgrading. It's an addiction.

BO(V)BZ said:

i had said that it wasnt necessary, but would be a nice plus. besides, ive had 2.1 for a long time, and i want to get into the 5.1 scene. there are some awesome 5.1 systems out there thatre really inexpensive (logitech z-5300)

Eric1285 said:
Yep...start with a receiver and some decent speakers...pick up a sub...start upgrading. It's an addiction.

the thing is that i want a bang for your buck system, but i also dont need some massive piece of equipment. this is just going into my small/medium room.

i dont want to put tons of money into this, nor do i want it to become an addiction. i just want a small, powerful audio system (preferably surround at this point) that i can just buy, setup, and use and it doesnt get in the way.

i have very little storage space in my room, and a receiver and bookshelf speakers would take up way to much space. between that, and i dont know much about setting up a speaker system like that.

if someone would give me direct links and point me directly in the right direction, i would consider buying/putting together a shelf system.

i had said that id like multiple inputs, but a receiver is probably way to much. i dont have cable tv, let alone a tv in my room, so i just need one addition connector for when i may put a PS2 up in my room.

TSS:

Here's the way that I see it. If you get a decent receiver and a pair of bookshelves to start off with, you now have a system to grow with. I'd rather have good speakers for music than mediocre speakers for gaming/music.

The normal surround sound options out there remind me a lot of Mac computers... buy it, then when you want to upgrade, throw the whole thing away and buy a new one. With a component system, you simply upgrade your weak spots. Don't like your center? Save up some scratch and buy the next bigger one up. Think your sub is anemic? Replace it with the latest SVS.

Putting together a system is a very simple proposition. First, get the receiver.. the one GMC found seems fine, he's got good choice =] Then find a pair of speakers. If you really wanna save money, buy something from a garage sale, but I'd buy something online most likely. I'm a big fan of www.av123.com 's stuff, and their service is top notch. The driver died in one of my Ref1's and they are paying to ship it back and replace it, for free.

In your case, ref1's are probably a little out of budget =] but I'd look at their ELT line, like these: http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=39.1 or http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=32.1 .

From there, once you get some more money, buy a sub, like this: http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=34.1 or if you have more, this: http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb10_isd.htm .

Now, I'm not going to lie, it's going to cost more money, but you get the ability to upgrade over time, as your budget sees fit, and this plan puts sound quality first, which is the whole reason we have speakers in the first place.

I'd pick 2.0 over 5.1 any day if it meant getting a receiver and bookshelf combo over a crappy satellite system. However, if you really desire 5.1, a good option is the Rocket Tykes. These have been getting very favorable reviews, and I'd venture that they are much nicer than any Klipsch satellite system. And again, you get a full receiver to play with, and later expand, so your money isn't wasted if you decide you want better in the future...

http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=42.1

http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=stock&product=55.1
b-stock ELT Sat pair ~$180 I'd pick the Rosewood. It's frickin' gorgeous. Honestly, the pictures don't do the finish justice.

Stereo only amp. (sell it later, or keep it for a second bedroom system later in your life)
Jan- 6 Kenwood KR-A3080 Stereo Receiver - $50 (Center City)
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/54743020.html

Surround amp.
Jan- 6 Pioneer VSX-456 Receiver for Home Theater - $50 (Broomall)
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/54715627.html

I'd pick the Kenwood.

Why does nobody mention the Z-2300s?

I was aware of the far, far superior sound of a low end HT system, but then I found that the Z-2300s were only going to cost me $100 with free shipping from ecost, so I picked them up, and they've been a huge upgrade from the JBL creatures.

Yes, if I had $300-$500 to spare, I would have gotten a refurb receiver with 2 bookshelves, but this turned out to be much more economical for me right now. No way in hell I'd spend that price range on computer speakers like the highend Klipsch or Logitech surround packages. However, Z-2300 speakers are pretty damn good on the computer speaker scale.

jlee1 said:
Why does nobody mention the Z-2300s?

I was aware of the far, far superior sound of a low end HT system, but then I found that the Z-2300s were only going to cost me $100 with free shipping from ecost, so I picked them up, and they've been a huge upgrade from the JBL creatures.

Yes, if I had $300-$500 to spare, I would have gotten a refurb receiver with 2 bookshelves, but this turned out to be much more economical for me right now. No way in hell I'd spend that price range on computer speakers like the highend Klipsch or Logitech surround packages. However, Z-2300 speakers are pretty damn good on the computer speaker scale.

i mentioned the z-2300s but then i started looking into 5.1, so i moved to the z-5300s.

for those mentioning the receivers and bookshelfs speakers and their addictions: I am only a high school student, so i dont need a massive system. i just need a nice upgrade from the 30$ cyber acoustics i have. the z-5300s seem to have the best value to me: surround, power, additional input, and its small and clean. until it blows out, its going to have enough power for me, and the z-5300s are perfect for me.

i still need recommendations for a good sound card. the creative audigy 2 notebook or the audigy nx?

I second the opinion to go with a stater home theater, meaning...

A $100-$150 refurbished receiver. The Onkyo recommendation above is excellent.

A $100-$200 pair of bookshelf speakers.

A $120 subwoofer. (The sub can be postphoned depending on the speakers you get).

Now THAT is a nice little setup and is more versatile than comptuer speakers or a HTIAB would ever be. And you get kick ass sound now, and room for kick-ass sound later.

The receiver X dug up is a fine one, my friend used to have it, but now has the model up [601] It has decent enough sound quality, a good remote, and has all the features you'd expect...but that price is half what he paid =]

TSS Modder said:
i really like the Z-2300 and 5500 speakers. the 2300s are nice, but theres no extra inputs, but for 120$ theyre really nice.

im seriously considering a HT system. whats your guys' opinions on some HT systems? the HTs are convenient because i have lots of power, lots of inputs, and can play CDs whenever I feel like it.

If your willing to go to ebay for speakers, you can get a yahama something 4500 6.1 speaker set for about $170. Then, about $150 for an entry level yamaha reciever, and a few bucks for cables (just get some basic stuff, don't go monster..if you want good stuff I PM me and I'll give you an intro to making your own cables). When done for $300-350 you will have a 5.1 or maybe 6.1 if you get lucky system that will make any computer speaker set look pretty sad.

As far as the yamahas mentioned...I own one of those baseline yamaha receivers, and am buying one of those 4500 speaker sets once I get my paypal verified for my new address. My 2-channel hi-fi also uses one of their integrated amps...very good bang for the buck.

There's a reason everyone is telling you to go with a receiver and bookshelf speakers. You already said you wanted something that sounds good and has good power. Well, this setup will blow away any of that logitech crap. My suitemate has the Z2300;s or whatever. It's "powerful" in that it has a ridiculus amount of boomy and muddy bass, but it sounds like ass to me. Even when I was only using a cheap receiver setup with two crappy speakers and a decent subwoofer, everything sounded WAY better. Look in my first post in this thread...it has everything you need to build a kickass system for less than $300.

Eric1285 said:
There's a reason everyone is telling you to go with a receiver and bookshelf speakers. You already said you wanted something that sounds good and has good power. Well, this setup will blow away any of that logitech crap. My suitemate has the Z2300;s or whatever. It's "powerful" in that it has a ridiculus amount of boomy and muddy bass, but it sounds like ass to me. Even when I was only using a cheap receiver setup with two crappy speakers and a decent subwoofer, everything sounded WAY better. Look in my first post in this thread...it has everything you need to build a kickass system for less than $300.

i understand what you guys are saying, and this thread is going to help any body else who reads it so that they can get a 'bang for your buck' system.

the problem is, i have certain restaints: namely money and space. does anybody remember me saying im only 14 and live in a relatively small room?? that means that i have limited funds and limited space.

a receiver and bookshelf system is not totally out of my mind, i just dont really fell like spending 300$ for an audio system right now. nor do i really have the space.

the idea of the receiver being the BBFYB system is great for people who it suits, but it does quite suit me. thats why i continue to ask your guys' opinions on the other products i ask about. right now a good surround sound computer system is perfect for me.

watd id like is for you guys to continue to give recommendations for ppl who can use the info, but if you guys could respect my questions and answer them, thatd be much appreciated. in case you ignored them and need a refresher:

1) what are your guys' thoughts on logitech z-5300s. lots of expendable power, small size, great sound, and extra input. and....

2) which do you think is better: the creative audigy 2 NX or the audigy 2 notebook? i need a new sound card for my lappy anyways, and i need one for surround. any other suggestions for external sound cards are appreciated.

thanks for all of your time and effort fellas! :)

I own the Z5300. As far as PC-based sound systems go, it's quite good. It sounds similar to the acclaimed Z-560s, which I also owned, and was the first set from any vendor that challenged Klipsch's dominance for the PC - except that the 5300 has five speakers instead of four.

Especially for a small room I doubt you can do better for the money. Of course it's not audiophile material or something to build a home theater around, but most gamers and ordinary listeners will appreciate it.

If you are space constrained, then replace the large speakers I reccomended with something smaller. You can get a 5-ch (no sub) speaker set for about $60....and while it won't be all that hot, it will allow for surround sound, yet when you do get a bigger room or just wnat to upgrade, at least all you have to do is buy better speakers.

I know how it goes...I fit a pretty large two-channel system into an 8x10 bedroom in my last place. It wasnt as hard as it sounds though to get it all in there and looking good.

If you have to go with PC speakers...see if you can get a 5.1 Klipsch promedia setup...they are one of the best PC speaker makers at the moment, logitech being just behind them.

I used to place cambridge soundworks up there, but recently they dropped all their value 5.1 offerings, so I won't even look at them anymore.

mustang_steve said:
If you have to go with PC speakers...see if you can get a 5.1 Klipsch promedia setup...they are one of the best PC speaker makers at the moment, logitech being just behind them.

again.... limited funds..... otherwise i probably would buy those, or the z-5500s. but that also goes back to the small room, where i dont have that kinda room for that kinda sound. theyre also way too powerful for me.

TSS Modder said:
I would like to keep this new system under 300$.

This is why everyone is making suggestions that are around $300. If you say you'll spend up to $300, most people will suggest things around that price point, since you obviously want to get the best equipment you can.

As far as space, let me just say that I'm living in an 8x12 dorm room. I still have two huge bookshelf speakers, a receiver and a subwoofer. Ths bookshelf speakers I recommended earlier (Infinity Primus 150) are actually not that big. They should fit on your desk next to your monitor pretty nicely, or wherever you might want to put them. I just put my receiver under my television and my subwoofer under my desk. Everything works and fits just fine. It only gets as loud as you turn it up, so if you don't want ass kicking bass, then just leave the volume at a decent level.

Well I got a question bout recievers... can neone suggest me a receiver that is best under 400$ and 2.1 speakers (under 300$) that later on can be upgraded to 5.1speakers OR a set (with a receiver and 5 sats and sub) I keep seein them at frys ad they range from 200-900 like a sony set for 300+ I think...

DeViLdUdE said:
Well I got a question bout recievers... can neone suggest me a receiver that is best under 400$ and 2.1 speakers (under 300$) that later on can be upgraded to 5.1speakers OR a set (with a receiver and 5 sats and sub) I keep seein them at frys ad they range from 200-900 like a sony set for 300+ I think...

It looks like you've got something like $700 to play with. With that much money, here's what I might suggest...

I'd still go with the refurbished Onkyo TX-SR501 or 502 from either ecost or jandr. It's a great receiver and it sounds fantastic. If you need something with more features, check out some of HK's receivers. I listened to the 335 and loved it, but that's a bit expensive.

Depending on how much you have left over, you'll have a lot of speakers to choose from. I personally went with Klipsch RB-35's, because I like my music to be a little bright. If you've ever used Grado headphones and liked them, you'll probably like the Klipsch. They were $540 a pair, but you can get them for about $430 if you don't mind not buying from an authorized dealer. I don't think you need a sub with these if you're just listening to music, but if you're playing games and watching a lot of movies you'll probably want one.

For a sub, most people say SVS makes great subs. So do HSU and Velodyne. I personally use a Velodyne VX-10...cost about $150 shipped from 6ave.com.

I've spent about $800 on my setup. It's a little more than you'll probably want to spend, but I am extremely happy with my purchase. One note though, if you listen to the Beatles a lot, you might try some different speakers. They sound overly bright on the Klipsch, at least through the Onkyo receiver. A Denon receiver with a warmer sound might help to balance that out. Don't try to pair the Klipsch's with a Yamaha though...it just won't sound good at all.

Back