best bang for my buck

xcite

Weaksauce
i have $150+/- a few dollars. iv been reading but no really sure. thinking of getting a 9600xt. what would u buy if u only had this much money. thx alot and know people ask this type of question all the time and thats cause things a constently changing and i wanna get other people thoughts before i just go fork out the money. thanks for the help:D

save a little more.
best bang for buck right now is the 9800pro.
youll be happier with it than a 9600xt :)

its only 210 right now, it will probally drop a lil more once the new cards hit.

Wait until after the 26th of this month. After the x800 comes out, you might be able to get a 9800np for that much, OC to 9800Pro speeds. Besides, two weeks isn't too long to wait to upgrade, especially if you can get the 9800's 8-pipeline set, as opposed to the 9600XT's 4 pipelines.

I say get the 9800pro also...

Or if you want something cheap and quick, check the FS forums...

no not waiting not saving best bang for my buck. i could wait forever

system spec are low any way 9800pro would be to fast. system would bottle neck the gpu ok thx

no u stupid jerk. read what i said. iv looked at that tons of times. it hasent been updated in over a month. if u dont like reading peoples threads that ask for "what other people think would be best for their money" then dont read them hence my subject

actually it hasent been updated in over 2 months and from reading other post i heard their is a better card for that range.:mad:

Well id reccomend either a 9800se which i think is in that range, or the 9600xt.

Dont be rude, people here are cool as anything.

Get an PowerColor 9800SE 256bit version. It is the same speed as the 9800 Pro, but with 4 piplelines locked. Do a softmod with OmegaDrivers to unlock and have a 9800 Pro for the price of a 9800SE. Can't beat it. Hope this helps.

Bob2001

Originally posted by xcite
no u stupid jerk. read what i said. iv looked at that tons of times. it hasent been updated in over a month. if u dont like reading peoples threads that ask for "what other people think would be best for their money" then dont read them hence my subject

I take full responsibility for Steve_010's very nasty post. yup hes a jerk.

One thing I would like to know is that what has changed in the last 1-2 months that needs to be updated?

Originally posted by ApaThy_NeXT2
I take full responsibility for Steve_010's very nasty post. yup hes a jerk.

I take it that you're being sarcastic?

Originally posted by ApaThy_NeXT2
One thing I would like to know is that what has changed in the last 1-2 months that needs to be updated?
At the most, the prices would be a little different.

I'd say a Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro Atlantis, best bang for the buck ever since it has the same spec has ATI and decent ram on it (samsung) for about 35$ more you can get the ATI

Back