Best Available Low Profile GPU ?

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by NickJames, Jun 15, 2012.

1. NickJames

NickJames [H]ardness Supreme

I am looking for the best low profile GPU I can buy online. Right now I have looked at the GT 450 and the HD6670 which are the easiest ones to find, everything higher end is impossible to locate.

Thanks.

2. Blkout

Blkout 2[H]4U

Right now, you have basically named the best two available.

3. NickJames

Actually I lied about the GT 450 being easy to find, I almost had one on ebay but it got ninja'd.

So is 6670 my best bet? Anything expected soon? How about the Sapphire 7750? Where is it?

4. Blkout

Blkout 2[H]4U

At the monent it is. It would have been my first recommendation.

5. anubis44

anubis44 I just make shit up

There is also a PowerColor Radeon HD 6750:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HMKHH2/?tag=graphicscards1-20

Should be a bit faster than the 6670, but I'm in the same boat - I need a low profile card for an HTPC, and I'm going to hold out for the Sapphire 7750.

6. crABtoad

crABtoad Limp Gawd

AFOX 7850 LP... If you can get a hold of the company let me know how you did it... Currently trying to get the single slot 7850.

7. NickJames

Afox is also impossible to find, I tried :(

8. crABtoad

crABtoad Limp Gawd

I just sent another chunk of email to every email address listed on their site. Will let you know if I get any results. Good luck finding an LP card otherwise!

Edit:// That 6750 actually looks like it might be the best low-profile card that isn't vaporware.

9. AMv8(1day)

AMv8(1day) [H]Lite

Any luck finding anything more powerful than the 6750? Thinking about running a hybrid xfire setup with my soon-to-be-built trinity HTPC if the coupled 7660D doesn't satisfy me. I was hoping that the onboard GPU would be able to successfully overtake current gen consoles, but judging from the comparison with the mobile trinity 7660G to HD4000 and current consoles, it will be a lot closer to equal. I can't have my HTPC slumming it with 7 year old consoles!

10. crABtoad

crABtoad Limp Gawd

I also got a reply back from:

Keep in mind that this was for the single-slot 7850 (which I never actually ended up getting even though I put in about a month of emails), getting one of these should be just about as hard but definitely possible.

Disclaimer: I would've been getting this card shipped to Canada, for whatever unknown reason it might not be possible to get it shipped to wherever you are.

I just needed to keep emailing them over and over and over for like a month to produce these results.