Best Available Low Profile GPU ?

NickJames

Supreme [H]ardness
I am looking for the best low profile GPU I can buy online. Right now I have looked at the GT 450 and the HD6670 which are the easiest ones to find, everything higher end is impossible to locate.

Thanks.

Actually I lied about the GT 450 being easy to find, I almost had one on ebay but it got ninja'd.

So is 6670 my best bet? Anything expected soon? How about the Sapphire 7750? Where is it?

Actually I lied about the GT 450 being easy to find, I almost had one on ebay but it got ninja'd.

So is 6670 my best bet? Anything expected soon? How about the Sapphire 7750? Where is it?

There is also a PowerColor Radeon HD 6750:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HMKHH2/?tag=graphicscards1-20

Should be a bit faster than the 6670, but I'm in the same boat - I need a low profile card for an HTPC, and I'm going to hold out for the Sapphire 7750.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Afox is also impossible to find, I tried :(

I just sent another chunk of email to every email address listed on their site. Will let you know if I get any results. Good luck finding an LP card otherwise!

Edit:// That 6750 actually looks like it might be the best low-profile card that isn't vaporware.

Any luck finding anything more powerful than the 6750? Thinking about running a hybrid xfire setup with my soon-to-be-built trinity HTPC if the coupled 7660D doesn't satisfy me. I was hoping that the onboard GPU would be able to successfully overtake current gen consoles, but judging from the comparison with the mobile trinity 7660G to HD4000 and current consoles, it will be a lot closer to equal. I can't have my HTPC slumming it with 7 year old consoles!

AFOX said:
Dear John,

I’m very sorry for my late reply, I was in a long vocation.
It seems our Rep. in Europe didn’t contact with you, so I would to follow up your inquiry from my side in Headquarters directly.
AFOX Radeon 7850 Single Slow and Low Profile products, they are the LATEST and NEW product,
and both are the MOST POWERFUL card in its format in the world.
Currently we don’t have a whole-sales partner in Canada, maybe you can help us in contact?
And if you don’t mind, I can supply you as direct-purchase from us, we can mail you by DHL and you will receive
it within 4-5 days.

I hope you will enjoy a new experience by using our product soon.

I also got a reply back from:

Twain Distributie said:
Dear John,

Thanks a lot for your email. We can deliver the card for Euro 220,- excluding shipment costs.
Please let me know if you are still interested then I will send you official price offer.

Thanks,

Keep in mind that this was for the single-slot 7850 (which I never actually ended up getting even though I put in about a month of emails), getting one of these should be just about as hard but definitely possible.

Disclaimer: I would've been getting this card shipped to Canada, for whatever unknown reason it might not be possible to get it shipped to wherever you are.

I just needed to keep emailing them over and over and over for like a month to produce these results.

Back