• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best automated backup software for external HD?

BurntToast

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
3,678
I just picked up a 250gb HD and a external exclosure. For the most part i plan on having this drive connected to my rig. But when I travel to LANs I will likly leave the external drive at home on my desk.

The type of software Im looking at is pretty simple. It will just backup selected directories to the external drive on a set date or when the computer is not active. I basically want to back up my email, text files and so on.

If anyone knows of such a program, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks!!!
 
It's built into Windows. Couple with the Task Scheduler service, you can accomplish your mission without spending another dime. Start\Programs\System Tools\Backup
 
Back
Top