Best and correct way to clean CRT´s

ABC

n00b
How should an CRT be cleaned ?

The monitor is a - 19" LG Flatron 900P

Thx

I use a damp kleenex to remove any smudges, etc. I have a dry kleenex ready to dry it off.

Do not use something like Windex because it will remove the anti-glare coating.

I buy these special wet clothes from a store made for cleaning monitors.

what...no comet and sand paper? really I would get one of the LCD cleaner kits you find any any office supply place or you can use a soft damp lint free cloth and wipe clean.....part of it will depend on if you have an anti glare coating on the screen...if you do be carefull of what you use because you could damage it...also you don't even want to use anything with alcohol or amonia as that too can damage the case/screen... I know people are going to say they use Windex with no problem but personaly I would not use anything like that...now the other thing I have used with much success is a micro fiber cloth used for cleaning glasses...you don't have to use anything with it and just wipe...it is amazing how well they clean finger prints up :D

Kensington Screen Guardian with Kensington Surface Guardian ling free wipes. Both are cheap, non abrasive and specifically built for polarized and anti-glare monitors.

Originally posted by NeoNemesis
Kensington Screen Guardian with Kensington Surface Guardian ling free wipes. Both are cheap, non abrasive and specifically built for polarized and anti-glare monitors.

Exactly.

This is wat I use on my NEC FP912SB, which has some sort of anti-glare coating...

Erik

Originally posted by gigglebyte
what...no comet and sand paper?
....you're not [H]ard unless you use a belt sander and kerosene...:D

Old, soft, cotton cloths and a little H20 applied to the cloth does the trick. For serious grease, I use a little eyeglasses cleaner on the same soft cloth.

Party On - B.B.S.

Back