Best and cheapest way to ship a monitor?

2wiced

2[H]4U
My cousin has a 19inch that he is not using. He says he can send it to me from california to oregon as long as I pay shipping. How would he package it and how much do you estimate it would cost?

Thanks

I would bet at least $20-25 to ship it. If he doesn't have the original packaging I would say wrap the monitor in a ton of bubble wrap and fill the empty spaces in the box with peanuts.

Original box + another box over it (or just wrap the retail box).

Shouldn't be much more than $15-25 if you pack it yourself and print the label at home.. Thats insured and all.

And because its not across the country it might be even cheaper... I shipped a 23" 120hz 3D monitor from east to west coast a few months ago for $20 UPS, insured and everything.

If he has the original box and packaging that should be fine.

I had a friend ship me a 24" monitor a few months back. It came perfectly fine with just a bunch of foam in the box. Cost around $30 I think but he had to use 2 boxes (one for the screen, one for the stand).

You definitely want to detach the stand, much safer and easier to pack. They can still go in the same box just make sure the screen has plenty of foam on all sides so it doesn't move when shaking. Do not use bubble wrap or Styrofoam peanuts. Soft foam is what you want.

Well it really depends what carrier you use too. Try to avoid using FedEx, they are way overpriced.

Back