Best AMD XP Board

rfw2003

n00b
O.k. I know this question may have been asked several Times. What would be the the best board for me. These are the features that I want in the board. I need a stable board that preferably has Dual Channel memory support, Onboard Lan, onboard sound. other pluses would be SATA Raid. I would also need a board that has 400 fsb as well

Thanks for the help in advance

R.F.

My vote goes to the A7N8X Deluxe too, got one running like a beaut, rock solid too.

i prefer the a7n8x e dlx. lots of features and a pretty good oc'er too.

the dfi lanparty's are pretty cool looking but i hear they have a lot of issues right now. so id wait on the next revision for that

the nf7s from what i hear is 'the' overclocking board. and it has a decent set of features on it.

so i guess if you want a good solid board all around, get teh asus....if you wanna fancy looking board and potential for an rma or two, get the dfi....if you want pure overclocking go with the nf7s.

O.k. it looks like the ASUS A7N8X-e is the board to go with. Just ordered it, and it is on the way to the house.

Thanks everyone

R.F.

Personally I don't like the Asus board because OCing seems to be a hit or a miss thing with it, or atleast thats what the reviews say. The older version was pretty awesome but the new E- Deluxe looks like it would make a better HTPC board then an OCing dream. That and I don't need alot of the bloated features that it has but I hope the board meets your needs because thats what really matters.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc3

Originally posted by CrimandEvil
Personally I don't like the Asus board because OCing seems to be a hit or a miss thing with it, or atleast thats what the reviews say. The older version was pretty awesome but the new E- Deluxe looks like it would make a better HTPC board then an OCing dream. That and I don't need alot of the bloated features that it has but I hope the board meets your needs because thats what really matters.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc3
well I'm not much into the overclocking so this should be fine for me. My intentions for this board is on a computer that will be running 24/7 as a 2000 server box.

R.F.

if you want one that can really oc then get the soltek 75frn2 - RL

it's got the highest stable fsb in a ranking thing over at XS and i've had nothing but good results with it. very underated board IMO

Originally posted by fr33ze
if you want one that can really oc then get the soltek 75frn2 - RL

it's got the highest stable fsb in a ranking thing over at XS and i've had nothing but good results with it. very underated board IMO

what fsb was it? i heard a dfi got a 290-something but wasnt anywhere near stable.

Originally posted by tristan792
what fsb was it? i heard a dfi got a 290-something but wasnt anywhere near stable.

yeah there have been a few dfi's like that, tempted me into getting one till i heard how unstable it was.

i think it was around 260, i know there are several people at amdforums running 250 day in day out, i'm aiming to get that high as well just gonna take a little bit of tweaking i think.

DFI has plenty of issues. It's only good feature is the OCing FSB that it can reach. Other than that, it's altogether sketchy. NF7-S has its quirks, but is probably the most perfect board out there. A7N8X is indeed hit or miss even getting to 200 (400) FSB. NF7-S for the win. Hope your A7N8X comes out all right. It's a great board, just not a solid overclocker.

I like the EPoX 8RDA3+, personally.

But you already ordered yours .. so I'm not really talking to anyone but myself.

DFI has plenty of issues. It's only good feature is the OCing FSB that it can reach. Other than that, it's altogether sketchy.

Please enumerate said issues.
I have noticed altogether fewer issues than with the Asus and the Abit, but my experience may not be representative.

As an NF2 ultra overclocking board it is unmatched IMO.

Back