Best Amd am3 board for $150?

AMDGURU

Limp Gawd
Looking for a nice am3 board for around $150 ..

Thoughts? Recommendations? Would like it to be OC steady as well...

My first recommendation is to stay far away from the EOL AM3 platform (production of all AM3 chips has ended) and get an AM3+ board instead. This will support AM3 and AM3+ chips so 2 years down the road when you replace your AM3 CPU you will be able to use the same motherboard instead of having to purchase again.. I admit some AM3 boards will accept AM3+ but its better to just get the AM3+ in the first place.

Could go for this ASUS 990FX Sabertooth for $175 after using coupon code BRACKET to save $10. Codes expires on the 12th.

If you can spend a little extra, get the ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional. It really is a great board.

For 150 you can get a pretty nice board.
Go on newegg and put AM3+ as requirements. Than look at best seller's.

if you don't plan on going with crossfire but want a good board that can overclock check out the AM3+ gigabyte 970A-D3. its 90 bucks and a damn good board for overclocking and will support piledriver when it comes out otherwise if you can get your hands on the board the above guy suggested get it, its a very good board for that price. only downside to the crosshair IV is its not am3+ which means there is no longer any new processors being released for it.

Last edited:
I stand behind the Asus RoG and TUF series - grab a ROG Crosshair V if you can find it inexpensively or a TUF Sabretooth 990FX. AM3+ is the way to go as others have said. The Sabertooth should definitely be in your price range, if you're a little flexible. Asus also has "unnamed" 990FX boards as well, which are less expensive but still solid.

Back