Best all-around monitor that's around 36-42"?

RandysWay

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to upgrade from my Westinghouse LVM-37W3. I sit close to the monitor (regular desk), so anything much bigger will be too big - 36-42" would be the sweet spot. I'll mostly be using it for work related tasks (web, email, etc), photo editing, video editing and occasional gaming. Super sharp text, wide color (remember that I'm coming from an ancient Westinghouse LVM-37W3, so anything is wider than this), 4:4:4 and a low response rate would be ideal. I won't be watching movies on this screen; I have a home theater for that.

I don't really have a budget per se, as long as it's not crazy. The best Samsung that I could find in this size is the 40/43" KU7000 series, but can't find information on response rate and whether it's 4:4:4.

Other than a Samsung "TV", what about something from Dell or a different manufacturer that's made specifically as a monitor, and not a TV?

Hit me with some ideas! Thanks!

so what did you end up deciding to do? I'm looking at doing the same thing (Westy is on it's last legs) probably in October/November and was thinking about getting one of the KU7000's too!

Larger displays use BGR subpixel layouts so, not not the best for desktop use even with clear type since there are complications with software communicating with it at times. 32" 4K panels do come with the standard RGB.

Back