• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Air Heatsink?

AZBOOSTIN

Gawd
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
890
I am wanting to know what is the best on the market heatsink and fan combo...for socket 939 or intel
 
I think your gonna hear xp-120 a lot. Pick your own fan for silence or performance or somewhere in the middle. Some people say it's close to what you can get with wc with the right fan. Go to Thermalright website and see if it fits your motherboard.
 
xp120 with a 130cfm fan = any W/C setup
the xp90 copper is decent as well
xp90 copper: http://www.xoxide.com/thermalright-xp-90c-cpu-cooler.html
xp120: http://www.xoxide.com/thermalright-xp-120-cpu-cooler.html
check to see if the 120 will fit your motherboard: http://www.thermalright.com/support_default.htm
if it wont, check out the si120: http://www.xoxide.com/thermalright-si-120.html

the NINJA is a nice heat sink, but it is HUGE
ninja: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article251-page1.html
check out the picture: http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/images/scythe-ninja/lineup.jpg
 
I have to go with the ninja...oh wait, I already did :p

Ninja + Yate Loon 120mm + x2 3800 @ 2.4 (1.4v) = 28c idle, 50c load on both cores

If you dont mind louder fans you can do a lot better than that.

Of course I only have great things to say about zalman, always top notch quality from them.
 
Back
Top