Best AGP S939 board?

Thats what I have. Thats the board a lot of people have in the 939 AGP Department. Great board, great overclocker from what I've heard. Best buy all around.

I replaced my MSI K8N Neo2 platinum with the DFI LanParty UT nF3 Ultra-D. Both are good boards, but personally I give the overclocking edge to the DFI, although some people find it more finiky than the neo2.

retardedchicken said:
I'm looking at the MSI K8N Neo2 platinum as of now for my board-to-be, is there anything better?

Replaced my Neo2 with the DFI Ultra-D to jump on the PCI-E bandwagon, and I regret it. The DFI is nice and all, but the Neo2 gave me the same level of performance without the seemingly endless amount of tweaking I'm going through now.

Great board.

Also, dont forget that the current revision of the Ultra-D nf3 939 has a major technical problem which might cause a global recall and has tonnes of people pissed off at DFIStreet. They're going to release a rev3 board which'll fix the prob but that wont be for some time if they even bother to murr.

My vote is for the MSI for an agp 939.

If it were PCI-E 939, then id vote DFI but for nf3 the neo2 cant be beat :)

Also will say that I tried to use my friends Abit AV8 (it was cheap so i thought why not and bought it) and could not get the damn thing to work. It has a craptacular bios and I just hated the board.

How does the Nforce3 chipset stack up against the VIA kt800?

The MSI K8n neo, Gigabyte k8ns ultra 939 and epox 9nda3+ are all good boards. Wait for a new revision of the dfi board if you want to get that.

so basically anything with an nforce3 chipset? :p

Now I have a very important question, does the MSI board have a red light to signal power to the motherboard? Both the Abit boards I used have had it and it pisses me off (throws off my blue/black color theme)

regardless of what board you get, you can get it refurbished from newegg and save a bunch !!

The A8V Deluxe using the VIA K8T890pro chipset supports the X2 fine with the latest bios update. I would choose this board if you're not going to be overclocking, not that it can't overclock. The MSI board would be a better bet if you were though.

Shadow27 said:
The A8V Deluxe using the VIA K8T890pro chipset supports the X2 fine with the latest bios update. I would choose this board if you're not going to be overclocking, not that it can't overclock. The MSI board would be a better bet if you were though.

That's good ot know - i thought the chipset would not do an X2..that only the K8T800 would as Soltek rep said, i guess it changed, but it's good to know. Has anyone verified that?

All current 939 mobos can have X2 support with a simple BIOS update, as far as I know. Just find a BIOS with X2 support for your mobo and you'll be right in that department.

zone_86 said:
That's good ot know - i thought the chipset would not do an X2..that only the K8T800 would as Soltek rep said, i guess it changed, but it's good to know. Has anyone verified that?
Asus A8V is a K8T800 Pro not K8T890 chipset. i just wanted to get that corrected....

Neo2 unless you want to get really down and dirty with the DFI. I know people with both and they say the DFI has too many tweaking options in some ways and is a bit of a headache. DFI is a bit better overclocking wise though. Beware this issue with NF3 though http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=938842 (don't know what video card you have).

I'll personally be getting the Soltek K8TPro
here
Stable, the features I (personally) need, and attractive to me. It *DOES* support X2, as well.

Back