Best Ad/Spyware remover

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
I was wondering what is the best ad/spyware remover?

My friend uses ad-aware 6.0 and is happy with it.

adaware and spybot are great.. if your a IE user.. also use hijackthis

Originally posted by MISMCSA
I'll probally use ad-aware 6.0 then.

Thanks

No one does the trick. Adaware, Spybot S&D and hijackthis *together* are your best bet. They will each fix common problems that the others miss.

For the insults that will shortly be directed at your because of your browser choice, as well as further discussion, please refer to this thread from a couple of days ago with the same subject matter that was found at the top of the second page:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=749976

I also run a free version of spysweeper on top of the other two listed. i also use HiJack this and WinPatrol (free version).

Originally posted by vinnie
For the insults that will shortly be directed at your because of your browser choice, as well as further discussion, please refer to this thread from a couple of days ago with the same subject matter that was found at the top of the second page:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=749976
He never said what browser he uses. Are you implying that only IE users need spyware removal tools?

Also use Webroots Spy Sweeper. It was able to track down and eliminate sypware that Spybot and Ad Aware missed.

Combine all 3 with Firefox and you are all set.

Tough to qualify a "best one" . . . I can vouch for using Firefox as a valid method of preventing Spyware though. My sister and I went an equal amount of time without a reformat and without checking for Spyware. She used IE, I used Phoenix, Firebird, Firefox, etc. She had 98 spyware programs, and I had 2.

Originally posted by Chelica
Also use Webroots Spy Sweeper. It was able to track down and eliminate sypware that Spybot and Ad Aware missed.

Combine all 3 with Firefox and you are all set.
Very smart Idea!

All of you talk about firefox being un seceptable. What about standard old Mozilla. I don't want to move to firefox until its not in beta any more.

It's my stance that you can make IE more secure, but being the standard and popular browser that it is, there are going to be more holes found for it. Firefox is great, but has some issues, it's crashed on me more than IE has. I still like it more because it has features I like. Mozilla is good as an alternative for something that has been established to work well if you do not want to beta firefox. There's always Opera, Avant, CrazyBrowser and some other alternatives to choose from. I'm sure they have their holes as well, just not the same ones as IE.

Originally posted by pbXassassinX1524
All of you talk about firefox being un seceptable. What about standard old Mozilla. I don't want to move to firefox until its not in beta any more.

Why would it matter if its in beta? Sure you might have an occassional problem but its not like video card drivers or anything its just a web browser. You might find a web page once in a while that doesn't load right or you might lose your favicons when it deletes the cache at random times but other then that i have been using FireBird and FireFox for months now without any problems worth metnioning other then little complaints and i have had no spyware installed on my machine and i didn't have to tweak or change a damn thing. There is also LOTS of cool extensions you can download for FireFox to customize it a hundred different ways. And with tabbed browseing you can't go wrong.

As far as spyware removers go its best to use Adaware and Spybot Search and Destory both togethor. Usually one will miss what the other one will find.

Back