Best 939 mobo with AGP

Octave

Gawd
What motherboards would you rank towards the top for a socket 939 mobo with AGP. Pretty simple actually.
Thanks

MSI K8N Neo Platinum 2

I have had no problems with it, but I do wish it was layed out a tad differently. Also if abit has one those fatality boards with agp that'd be a really good choice. Even though who they are using to marketing, the hardware is damn good.

I bought the Gigabyte GA-K8NS.. mainly because its the only one listed as working with the Venice and San Diego cores. I called MSI about the Neo's compatability with the SD cores and they told me it was "Still in testing". I couldn't find anything on Epox's website listing SD and Venice compatability either.

It'll be here tomorrow along with a SD core 3700 and 2GB of RAM so I guess we'll see if I made a decent decision. The Gigabyte got good reviews on NewEgg's website so hopefully I'll be okay.

I just bought an Abit AV8-3rd Eye and I love it. It comes with the bios needed to run revision E CPUs (venice) and the uGuru is like an overclockers wetdream.

some people dont like the via chipset, but i got to 300 easy.

If the DFI NF3 Ultra (which hits stores today) is anything like the 754 version, it really won't have any competition.

I have been waiting for DFI to release that mobo. I don't see anything on their site about it though :(.

I have the above model. Rock solid and feature rich. have had it for near a year without problems. VIA chipset. overclocks. nice solid board. cant comment on the others, but I do have a shuttle with the nForce 3 chipset and it is good too, but thats a different story altogether.

hmm.. gonna buy this week.. goin 3200+ venice... now shall i go for the MSI or the DFI ... wonder if the price reflects anything ??

that link to ATX seems weird.

I go here and im getting a different looking board. Close in price but board is saying for socket 754...?

It's possible that none of the retailers have actual pictures of the board yet and are just using stock photos of other DFI boards for the time being.

kevin85193 said:
that link to ATX seems weird.

I go here and im getting a different looking board. Close in price but board is saying for socket 754...?

That is the original nforce3 that DFI made. It was only in the 754 socket. So that is not the new board that is out.

Any other places have the board available or can someone give me good reviews about atacom? Thanks.

I bought the epox 9nda3j mb it runs the 3500 venice just fine. only issue I have is the 12 volt power connector does not function. not sure if its the psu or the mb IT SELF. It runs great without it though.

Are the nVRAID SATA ports clock-locked on the Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939?
Or are you supposed to use only the SiL3512 SATA RAID ports if you're overclocking?

Renegade87 said:
I second that!! These boards will OC like a raped ape.

It will with TCCD memory, otherwise you've got to buy a booster.

As I see it there are two choices. The K8T800 VIA chipset line & the nForce 3 Ultra line. Just depends on your preference as to which you need to purchase. We have a AV8 and it performs great at default settings. We also have a nF 3 Ultra and it is performing great also. I like the nF 3 because it works with about any hi end memory you wish to use. The AV8 we have will not even post with the ni end PC3200 memory installed. We had to install Corsair Value Ram PC3200 and everything is great.

Back