Best 7900 gtx maker ?

Ok i know Evga is the best but they are never in stock, so i was wondreing how do bfg, gigabite,asus,msi and xfx. I know evga,Bfg, and xfx are the biggies but how good is bfg,xfx and the other companies

They are all based on reference chips, no difference besides warranty. Evga may be nice for their step-up program, but Evga, XFX, and BFG, that I know of, all offer life time warranties. Either one of those would be of equal and good choice.

I've had four or five BFG cards now over the last year or so. My current 7900GTX's are great. I have every reason to recommend them.

your mom! haha i can't resist

check the site, warranty, support. most of the cards are generally the same.

entre nous said:
They are all based on reference chips, no difference besides warranty. Evga may be nice for their step-up program, but Evga, XFX, and BFG, that I know of, all offer life time warranties. Either one of those would be of equal and good choice.
QFT

Typically when new cards (like the 7900 GT) are released each manufacture will just buy a stock of completed cards from NV and then after the launch they start to make their own and buy the chips from NV.

If I were to pick a company Id choose Evga (They will be my next and further choice on gfx cards)

I would definetly go for eVGA but if you don't want to wait go with BFG or XFX because of the warranty, never know when you might need it. If you keep the card a while and a few years down the road have it in a back up box and it dies then its nice to know it will be replaced/fixed.

eVGA and BFG are two of the top video card venders. I would however, go for eVGA as first chioce because of their step-up program.

Another enthusiastic vote for EVGA! I have also owned cards from BFG and Leadtek, which never gave me problems ... but the EVGA step-up program is amazing.

ASUS makes damned good video cards as well. I've owned one or two over the years and they were great. I also know people who use ASUS brand cards in their machines with great results.

I've had eVGA as well, no complaints on those cards either. As long as you buy the cards from a reputable manufacturer than you are ok. The cards are all basically the same. Though some of the lesser brand cards will have crap support should you need it.

That is the main thing to factor in. Plus some cards have better bundles than others.

Back