Best 6800 for unlocking 16 pipes and then overclocking

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
What would be the best video card to try and get 16 pipes through rivatuner, and then (hopefully) overclock this thing pretty well?

Thanks!

try the bfg.. since i hear most people are doing this alot.. but i guess any card because it is just the luck of the card u get...

BFG 6800 OC is my suggestion. I'm not regretting buying mine. According to Rivatuner, mine is running all 16 pipes @ 351 Core and 702 memory.

bfg 6800oc here, no go on 16 pipes, 6v worked though, oc's like a champ though, 400/800 stable

I was able to unlock to 16 pipes and 6 vertex units on my BFG 6800oc. Currently at stock speeds.

i hear of a few people doing well with the PNY cards...guess it depends on if you get a good card or not.

I've got a BFG 6800OC too and am able to unlock all the pipes. But i cant seem to overclock via coolbits or even though RivaTuner after i unlock the pipes...i get a message saying something about my clock speed is too high and i have to lower it.

How are people overclocking their BFG's after you unlock your pipes?

If you are getting OC test errors after unlocking the pipes, it is telling you that the pipes are not stable. You can disable the clock test in RivaTuner to get rid of the message. Read through the guide for disabling the clock test.

I got a BFG 6800Oc here, no luck on the pipes, but i think it comes with 6 Vertex shaders standard...

something was weird with mine though. At first, I thought I had the pipes unlocked, now it doesn't want to do it anymore :/ weird stuff...

eVGA 16 pipes maxed oc was 400/850 with 4,443 3dmark05. I dont run it clocked that high tho.. I run it at 380/800 4,243 3dmarks. My buddy got a PNY and it unlocked for 16 pipes but didnt overclock well at all.. like 360/750. Best thing about mine is I found it locally for 239.99. Also that overclocking is with an NV5 on it and my highest temp ive seen so far is 62C under load.. 59 at idle.

Gainward Goldensample, got it to unlock the extra pipelines n/p and its running 400/850 for an NU card.

BFG 6800 OC here, unlocked to 16x1 6vp, and so far I can oc to 400/800. Haven't really tried to push it any harder, but I think it can go quite a bit higher.

I think that it really is luck of the draw still with unlocking potential. It seems that lots of BFG's are having pretty good luck, but it also seems that lots more of them are being sold compared to most 6800nu's. I have been very pleased with my Chaintech AA6800. It unlocked to the full 16p/6vp and overclocked to a daily 420/900 on stock cooling. I've hit as high as 450/940 on a cool day for testing.....although it benches lower than it does at 435/925.

My eVGA 6800NU unlocked everything just fine and ran stable with the stock hs/fan with no artifacting at the only speeds i tested it at; 400/801. It will probably go higher, I haven't had a need to push it with stock cooling though.

Alright. Newegg.com is out of the BFG 6800OC's.

I think I will get that one because you get farcry with it. So I will just wait. ;)

Thanks for all the responses!

jhatfie said:
I think that it really is luck of the draw still with unlocking potential. It seems that lots of BFG's are having pretty good luck, but it also seems that lots more of them are being sold compared to most 6800nu's.

Absolutely! There's no guarantee here as to whether your card will Unlock and overclock or not. I was just suprised at how easy it was, and how little fuss there way. Which is a pleasent suprise :)

Back