Best 30 inch lcd

If you read the thread carefully, then you should be able to find my post about LG using Q5 on their 30'' monitor.

And if you read my post, there are 2 differents sets of specs out there. if you look at the LG US site, or a US retailer (newegg) w/ this panel it gives you one set of specs, while LG global & Canadian retailers give you another set of specs. As the LG W2600 uses different panels (the US version is not an IPS panel) depending on whether you buy the US version or the global version I felt it was worth asking the question. Thanks for your helpful advice to reread the entire thread I had just read w/o getting an answer though.

Cheers
Dan

And if you read my post, there are 2 differents sets of specs out there. if you look at the LG US site, or a US retailer (newegg) w/ this panel it gives you one set of specs, while LG global & Canadian retailers give you another set of specs. As the LG W2600 uses different panels (the US version is not an IPS panel) depending on whether you buy the US version or the global version I felt it was worth asking the question. Thanks for your helpful advice to reread the entire thread I had just read w/o getting an answer though.

Cheers
Dan

LG only uses Q5 because they no longer produce Q3, and A4 is not wide gamut which leaves us with only Q5, the same panel used on Dell's latest 3008wfp.
LG 26'' used S-IPS at first and they replaced the panel with TN.I believe S-IPS version was available in US initially for a limited period of time.

I'm still not convinced my DS-305W is a Q5 or a Q3. The only real discernible difference would be the dynamic contrast ratio and 3ms lower response time. I know its H-IPS as I've taken a macro, but I think its a Q3 based off the specs.

Likely not because Dell 3007wfp-hc is guaranteed Q3 and you said DS and Dell are not the same.

Hmm, so if the 3007wfp-hc was a for sure Q3 panel, then yeah, I will concede the 305W is a Q5. The only stats that are off is that there is no mention of a DCR of 3000:1, only a static of 1000:1, and its response is listed as 8ms not 5ms...

At some point you people need to quit arguing and enjoy what you have. I spent six hours today gaming on my 305T and I could not be happier!

guys,

how bad is S-IPS? the dell 3007WFP-HC is on sale at the outlet for like $676 after tax and 15% outlet discount coupon. this is too good a price to pass up. but considering the doublesight 30" is also "on sale" for $780 after 20% live cashback and has the newer H-IPS panel (but no VESA mounting, usb hub, height adjustment), i am in a bit of a dilemma here.

IPS anything is good. Improvements over S-IPS in H-IPS aren't that noticeable.

it appears that the Q3 Dell has 11.5 ms (avg) input lag, while the Q5 Dell has a 46.6 ms (avg) input lag:

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=88&mo1=237&p1=2302&ma2=88&mo2=413&p2=3936&ph=12

does that mean that a Q3 is more suited for gaming, and Q5 more for professional work?

i am in korea, and i can't find a Q3 30-incher (3007wfp-hc) over here. only the Q5 (3008wfp). agh... i may have to settle for the LG W2600HP-BF (SIPS version)

No, it does not.
As a universal monitor, 3008 is more suitable for entertainment purposes than 3007 as well as for mythical "professional work".
Some gamers who find input lag critical may prefer inferior model 3007.

No, it does not.
As a universal monitor, 3008 is more suitable for entertainment purposes than 3007 as well as for mythical "professional work".
Some gamers who find input lag critical may prefer inferior model 3007.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (and I know someone will) but the issue w/ the 3008 input lag is due to the scaler and other pre-processing that it does, not the Q5 panel itself.
I just got the LG W3000H w/ the Q5 panel, and it has not had noticable lag in UT3 so far.
according to the tested lag time it is on the order of 15 ms http://www.hardware.info/en-UK/productdb/bGRkaZiWmJfKYcg/viewproduct/LG_W3000HBN/#
This is still a delay of just less than one frame. Of course I can't confirm or deny the exact number, as I don't have the required equipment to test.

Cheers
Dan

Back