• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best 2GB Flashdrive?

JeffB

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Messages
283
I need a flashdrive for one of my school courses, and for personal use.
So I decided on getting a 2gig one.

Which one would you guys recommend? Price isn't really an issue.
Jeff
 
What's that quote? "A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."

It really makes little difference.

==>Lazn
 
xonik said:
On the contrary, some flash drives use better flash than others. The Memina, for instance, uses Samsung's SLC NAND:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Sem...alInfo/Advantage_of_SLC_NAND_Flash_Memory.htm

Indeed, but even the fastest flash is slow. So I would just not worry about it.

But if that matters to you, then by all means, buy the expensive stuff. (yes 8MB/s is much faster than 1.5mb/s, but both are dreadfull when compared to something like a hard drive)

==>Lazn
 
If you follow the Memina link, you will see that the drive as a system reads/writes at an impressive 18 MB/s, which is nothing to be ashamed of. As flash drive capacities increase, so does the importance of fast I/O performance. After all, the thread starter seeks the best flash drive.
 
Back
Top