Best 24" WS LCD?

mwin

2[H]4U
I've decided that I'm going to get a 24" widescreen LCD for my game rig. After doing some research, I've narrowed it down to one of these three. Price is an issue for me, but I don't mind spending a little extra if I really get more for my money. So, which one of these would you go for? If I went with the LG or the Samsung, I'd probably try go get it from Best Buy so I could easily return it in case of dead pixels or anything...

LG L245WP-BN

SAMSUNG 245BW

Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP

Seems there is a new Gateway FHD2400. May want to wait for some reviews to come in (as in, this evening, from me). Otherwise, I recommend the LG L240WP, but be warned it only has one digital video interface.

the LG is a great monitor for the price. if you don't want to spend quite that much and aren't bothered by the limitation of TN, the 245BW is an excellent monitor IF you can find it for a good price. i think of it as about the best TN out there myself. LG is still better though:p

I have that LG you linked. It's great, I love it :) It's hooked up to my PS3 and my computer via HDMI splitter.

I bought the LG on Saturday. I'm loving it, thus far, but I think I'm going to have to buy me a new graphics card...

Between the Dell and the Samsung, I prefer my Dell - though I usually prefer Samsung monitors and (from what I read) the Dell can be a hit or miss on what you get at times. I use it for my PC and my 360.

I haven't seen the LG in person, so I can't comment there.

If you can live with the ghosting go with the Dell. All 3 have colorshifting, the Samsung being the worst. All have blacks that blend together. Dell has weird ghosting, but has the best colors. The Samsung and LG look washed out in comparison. The LG has a fuzzy picture, I'm not the only one to notice this. I own the Dell and have seen the other 2 in person. If the Dell didn't have the ghosting it would be no contest between the others but if you can't stand the weird ghosting the Dell has go with the LG. The Dell has alot better warranty, 21 day no questions asked full refund, and alot more features, it's a shame that they went so aggressive on the overdrive to cause the weird ghosting.

If you can live with the ghosting go with the Dell. All 3 have colorshifting, the Samsung being the worst. All have blacks that blend together. Dell has weird ghosting, but has the best colors. The Samsung and LG look washed out in comparison. The LG has a fuzzy picture, I'm not the only one to notice this. I own the Dell and have seen the other 2 in person. If the Dell didn't have the ghosting it would be no contest between the others but if you can't stand the weird ghosting the Dell has go with the LG. The Dell has alot better warranty, 21 day no questions asked full refund, and alot more features, it's a shame that they went so aggressive on the overdrive to cause the weird ghosting.
I'm unsure as to what you are referring to as "fuzzy". The picture and text on my LG is sharp as a razor :)

I'm unsure as to what you are referring to as "fuzzy". The picture and text on my LG is sharp as a razor :)

Its fuzzy, not sharp, I went to 2 different Compusa's and all the LG 24" screens they had on display were fuzzy, I tried adjusting a couple of them but it doesn't do anything. They are fuzzy in comparison to the Samsung and Dell. I have seen a few others say the same thing, they majority of people say they aren't fuzzy so maybe compusa got a bad batch but all the ones I have seen the screens are fuzzy.

Its fuzzy, not sharp, I went to 2 different Compusa's and all the LG 24" screens they had on display were fuzzy, I tried adjusting a couple of them but it doesn't do anything. They are fuzzy in comparison to the Samsung and Dell. I have seen a few others say the same thing, they majority of people say they aren't fuzzy so maybe compusa got a bad batch but all the ones I have seen the screens are fuzzy.

It's quite possible it's a problem with the source, and not the monitor. What stores like Best Buy and Circuit City do is to split a single source multiple ways, degrading picture quality.

It's quite possible it's a problem with the source, and not the monitor. What stores like Best Buy and Circuit City do is to split a single source multiple ways, degrading picture quality.

They had them hooked up to individual computers, so I doubt thats it, it was crappy integrated or very low end cards but each screen had its own pc.

even a singe source feeding a single monitor can give bad picture if it wasn't using a DVI or HDMI cable. Using a analog 15-pin dsub really sucks on digital LCD panel. That's usually what I see the big box stores doing.

even a singe source feeding a single monitor can give bad picture if it wasn't using a DVI or HDMI cable. Using a analog 15-pin dsub really sucks on digital LCD panel. That's usually what I see the big box stores doing.

Most of the screens they had were dvi to hdmi cable, and some were vga, either way they were all fuzzy. Although I have had bad luck with cheap dvi to hdmi cables and on newegg somebody said the dvi to hdmi cable that comes with the monitor sucks.

Back