Best 24'' monitor for competitive gaming and good image quality for movies and web

Cometer

Weaksauce
IT is hard to choose a good 24'' panel. All sorts of people recommend me different things.
Anyway I play games a lot and I'm bit afraid of the low latency issue. I don't want to give the other players an edge because of that. But I also surf the web a lot, watch movies and work on the PC so a good all around monitor would be nice.

What would you recommend?

FW900. I switched back to this crt from a lcd last week for gaming and the difference is huge, I can't believe how much better crts are for gaming. However they are not perfect and reading a website on a lcd is much better, not saying that you can't read on a crt, just dont expect the same text sharpness.

For movies and games, the crt blow the lcd.
For surfing the web and working, the lcd blow the crt.

Since MY preference was gaming, I took the crt.

EDIT: I'm not sure If you only wanted lcds recommendation? If yes then forget my post.

Take a look at the HP w2408h for a low cost TN panel with good color quality (not out of box, you need to calibrate it). It's only 250 or so in many places now. There's also a slew of new 24" panels that have 2ms response time worth a look on Newegg, but not too many technical reviews yet. The new Dell panels are good too. We've ordered in several at work and while they're nothing fancy, they produce consistent color without a lot of tweaking and their response time is good (tested with prad.de ghosting app). They're pretty good for TN panels.

I've been adviced the HP LP2475w .
I play games a lot but I also surf the web work and watch a lot of movies in the PC.. Actually. I do pretty much everything on the PC. I'm a software developer.

I'm hardcore but from what I've been told the HP LP2475w latency is low enough to not screw my competitive gaming. It is not as good as the G2400WD but good enough for me not to perceive it.
Do you guys agree with that?
Would you recomend such a panel ?

Back