Best 24" gaming monitors

Personally I'd be wary of the samsungs. According to x-bit labs many have no RTC (response time compenstation). I just got a new VW266h and I had a not that old Samsung 2493 (for my g/f's computer). I bought the samsung in an emergency situation..and its okay..

The Samsung has alot more backlight bleed (which doesn't really bother me)..slightly nicer colors (its very slight though) and a much less reactive panel. Samsung really fudges those reaction speeds IMHO. But the really interesting thing - everything thats moving looks clearer and sharper on ASUS.

If you look at an ASUS monitor with RTC - at xbit labs - they are wicked fast. Every single transition is like around 2 seconds or so..But the bigger samsungs without RTC.. They are surprisingly slow..

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/samsung-topaz_9.html#sect0

thats not the exact monitor some people are getting but it seems those samsungs - even their tn film panels lag. Even the 22 inch models aren't that fast.. Truth is you get get some IPS panels thats as fast as Samsung film panels.. that's pretty sad..

You hear alot about image quality and viewing angles around here. But FWIW I feel for gaming a fast panel and low input lag are where its at. But more importantly you can't go just but what the manufacturers say about the panel. A few transistion that don't really happen that often might be "fast" but the panel itself could be slow.

I think the 120mhz with fast 2ms panels from Asus looks like a likely awesome combo for gaming. I might have to get that to replace my g/f's Samsung..

Pete

lol my dust beats yours. i even found a bunch of cobwebs on the corners around my speakers....guess i have to swiffer this now.

Ironically enough, I showed the pics to my wife and the following day she'd gone through and dusted and swept the entire office. Guess that worked out okay...lol!

Oh yeah and I still really like the monitor :cool:

Anyone else have input lag issues on this monitor? I didn't notice any issues for a while, but in the last week or so, I've noticed the mouse is a little laggy feeling. I tried another mousepad and another mouse, with no resolution, so I'm thinking it must be the monitor. I've got to put one of my old monitors in place to verify though. Just curious if anyone else has had any issues with this monitor...

Back