• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best 2 speaker system for $100?

pixelbender

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
162
I'm looking for a 2 speaker powered system, preferrably without a sub but a sub is ok.

I don't want to spend more than $100 or thereabouts. I was looking at Behringer MS40s, but they don't seem to be out.

I'm just looking to use them as general audio speakers for my MBP.
 
The Klipsch Promedia 2.0's are good. Newegg has the black ones for $89 and most places have them for $99 or under. They sound great and have pretty good low end for having no subwoofer. Using them with a MacBook Pro would be perfect because they are fairly portable.
 
Doesn't anyone else remember back in the day when Gateway put out pretty damn decent 2.0 powered speakers? Those things were loud and had decent base...
 
pixelbender said:
Doesn't anyone else remember back in the day when Gateway put out pretty damn decent 2.0 powered speakers? Those things were loud and had decent base...

I saw some Gateway rebranded harman/kardon speakers that sounded very good and had very good bass. Dell rebrands them too.
 
I ended up picking up two Polk R40 speakers to use with a spare 2.0 tuner/amp I have sitting around for $105 shipped!
 
Back
Top