Best 2 speaker system for $100?

pixelbender

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a 2 speaker powered system, preferrably without a sub but a sub is ok.

I don't want to spend more than $100 or thereabouts. I was looking at Behringer MS40s, but they don't seem to be out.

I'm just looking to use them as general audio speakers for my MBP.

The Klipsch Promedia 2.0's are good. Newegg has the black ones for $89 and most places have them for $99 or under. They sound great and have pretty good low end for having no subwoofer. Using them with a MacBook Pro would be perfect because they are fairly portable.

Doesn't anyone else remember back in the day when Gateway put out pretty damn decent 2.0 powered speakers? Those things were loud and had decent base...

pixelbender said:
Doesn't anyone else remember back in the day when Gateway put out pretty damn decent 2.0 powered speakers? Those things were loud and had decent base...

I saw some Gateway rebranded harman/kardon speakers that sounded very good and had very good bass. Dell rebrands them too.

I ended up picking up two Polk R40 speakers to use with a spare 2.0 tuner/amp I have sitting around for $105 shipped!

Back