Best 2.0 set for under $300?

Shrimpanzee

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
244
Budget: $300

Is there a general consensus on these forums as to what the best 2.0 speaker sets are that aren't extremely expensive?

I'm coming from the buzz-tastic Klipsh Promedia 5.1 Ultras that I got for $400 (?) years ago, so I'm sure I'll be satisfied with pretty much anything over $100. I've been looking at M-Audio, Swan, Behringer, etc. They all look great.... I would just like the peace of mind of knowing that what I choose is considered a good choice by others.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!
 
EDIT: Wow, I am dumb. I face palmed myself right there. Asking about budget when it's in title. Lol.

Ok, so I would probably suggest the ELT525 from Audioinsider. Excellent performance and right now they come with the Gizmo amp for free.

Also, the Audioengine A5 are great contenders (Audioengine sells their own products themselves) and I believe theres still a 25% off coupon out there: MW09.
 
Ok, so I would probably suggest the ELT525 from Audioinsider. Excellent performance and right now they come with the Gizmo amp for free.

Also, the Audioengine A5 are great contenders (Audioengine sells their own products themselves) and I believe theres still a 25% off coupon out there: MW09.
Thanks! I'll go check them out.
EDIT: Wow, I am dumb. I face palmed myself right there. Asking about budget when it's in title. Lol.
Haha yeah...I'll go ahead and put it in my post too just in case.
 
Swan M200MKII's? I love mine.

**EDIT** Actually, since you have a higher budget then I did I will agree with Alai and say look at the ELT525's, especially since they come with an amp.
 
It looks like the AE5s have a lot more input options than the ELT525s, so I'm leaning towards those unless there is a noticeable sound difference.
 
Am I mistaken or is it $299 for each speaker?

Just got mine! Its $300 a pair with like $50 shipping added. The gizmos start shipping next week. The speakers are really good (havent even broken them in). They are pretty flat, so if you like bright speakers you can eq that in. They are decently full sounding but if you listen to metal or rap you may want to add sub later, which the gizmo works perfectly for supposedly.
 
Just got mine! Its $300 a pair with like $50 shipping added. The gizmos start shipping next week. The speakers are really good (havent even broken them in). They are pretty flat, so if you like bright speakers you can eq that in. They are decently full sounding but if you listen to metal or rap you may want to add sub later, which the gizmo works perfectly for supposedly.
I may have misread your comment, but do they not offer the speaker/gizmo combo anymore?
 
They do but the Gizmo takes a while to send out because they modify a Sub Out on it.
 
Alright so what's your opinion.... Audioengine 5's for $261.75 (free shipping) or AV123 ELT525M's for $299 plus shipping?

I'm getting the 5's unless someone has a reason not too.
 
It's really hard to say but I would lean into the A5 so that I have savings for a future sub.
 
No problem. Be sure to post pics when you receive them! Also, let us know when you are getting a sub. :D
 
No problem. Be sure to post pics when you receive them! Also, let us know when you are getting a sub. :D
I'll be sure to post some as soon as I get it set up.

I'm sure I'll end up getting a sub in a few months. I would assume that Audioengies's sub is good quality?
 
I'd rather not spend that much. The Polk PSW110 and PSW111 look promising and they're sold locally.... good excuse to use those Best Buy coupons they send every month.
 
Back
Top