• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best 2.0 Computer Speaker Setup?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 22, 2001
Messages
12,366
What is the best 2.0 speaker setup for the pc?

Currently I have the Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II speakers. Is there anything else better out there?

Current Setup

Oh yea, I have the Creative Sound Blaster Titanium X-Fi sound card.
 


lol

Seriously though, look around, there are tons of threads already about this. Cheers
 
Take a look at the audioengine A2. they punch well above their weight/size/cost when it comes to small desktop speakers

If you have the room to upsize, your best bet would be the audioengine A5 or emotiva airmotivs (4, 5 or 6), or similar active studio monitors.

Keep in mind 2.0 bookshelf sized systems will almost never get below 40-50hz +-3db, which matters if you like bass heavy effects and music.
 
Kef x300a

kef-x300a-mac.jpg


http://www.amazon.com/KEF-X300A-Dig...UTF8&qid=1367271654&sr=8-1&keywords=kef+x300a


Swan T200a

t200b_main.gif


http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php?products_id=78
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The best I have found that fit on my desktop are the discontinued Snell CR7 (I bought them used on eBay). These are tall, but fairly slim (18 x 5.75 x 7.5). Without the grills they sound very very nice! I am using them with EM-U 0404 USB (usb DAC) and Emotiva a-100 amp. I also have a Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer, but they are fine without the sub (can handle some low end boost).

While I haven't tried them, the Kef x300a mention above should be quite nice.

For less money, and also mentioned above...
Emotiva Pro airmotivs
Audioengine 5+
 
Back
Top