• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best 17" LCD for gaming

h0tice

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 15, 2003
Messages
69
high im a lazy bastard and am tired of snooping around the internet for reviews on LCDs so id just like to know what some of the better LCD monitors are for gaming (for around $450/500).
 
Viewsonic vp171b. I had it but decided to stick with a 22" NEC FP2141sb. The lcd was real nice but for the price I will take a larger crt.
 
well I just spent all weekend at a LAN with my NEC 1712 and didn't have any problems gaming and ghosting was non existant...17" LCD, 16 ms response and was right at $400 at Sam's club
 
im suprised i got any replies after posting that previous to reading the sticky (d0h!). anyway, what about the monitors with 12ms response time like the Samsung 172x and the Ben-Q Fp-767? (are these the only ones?).
 
you will probably have to do some digging around google or review websites to find all the 12ms displays but the ones I have seen I though were quite a bit more than the 16ms ones were but if you can find one I would grab it and growl!
 
Originally posted by h0tice
im suprised i got any replies after posting that previous to reading the sticky (d0h!). anyway, what about the monitors with 12ms response time like the Samsung 172x and the Ben-Q Fp-767? (are these the only ones?).

I have two Samsung 172X's and a third on the way...

Awesome monitors...excellent for gaming.

$569 at newegg (crappy LCD RMA policy though)

$595 at Monitorsdirect (great 30 day no hassle RMA policy)
 
I have had a Samsung 191T for nearly two years. The monitor is rated at 25ms and I have always heard that Viewsonic 171b at 16ms ghosts about none. I never would have believed that the difference was that much until I recently saw one in action. Go with the Viewsonic.
 
Still loving my Samsung 172x (for about 2 months now). Finished Far Cry single player, playing Call of Duty and UT2004 now (I rank in the top two usually in UT2004 onslaught each game).

The AU screens are good, but I do prefer this 172x. The reviews on the web seem to enjoy the 172x more as well.
 
after reading many positive reviews on Sony SDM X73, i finally decided to ditch my old 17' CRT and join the LCD world with this fantastic monitor. I've owned it for about 2 weeks now and have played Call of Duty, Max Payne 2 and rise of nations and watched some action movies. i have been more than satisfied with the response time(16rms) and can't notice any ghosting at all. however, the only drawback i found with X73 is its view angle relatively narrower than competitive brands like Samsung.

Pro: zero dead pixel, no back light leakage like Dell, Sony quality, fast response time, three way adjustable, clear picture

con: view angel ( but as long as u sit at a normal position with eyes parallel to the screen, u won't have any problem)
 
steve where did you buy and for how much?

Do you recommend it overall? I cant see myself looking at the monitor from anywhere other than in front of it

edit: I just realised i have been looking at the S73, do you know the difference?
 
x73 and x93 are brand new models in Canada but months old in the US, so you can only see them on www.sonystyle.ca or in Sony stores in Canada. if you are from US, u can purchase them from newegg.com or monitordirect.com. I bought mine from the store because i didn't want deal with the shipping myself.
overall, I highly recommend this monitor.
 
I have a 16ms Xerox LCD and its great. Its 500 bucks and you get it 12 months no interest at best buy.
 
Back
Top