Best 1280x1024 LCD?

ZaCmAnIaC

n00b
I'm looking for the best LCD I can get that has a native resolution of 1280 by 1024. I have a 400-500 dollar budget. Any recommendations?

ZaCmAnIaC said:
I'm looking for the best LCD I can get that has a native resolution of 1280 by 1024. I have a 400-500 dollar budget. Any recommendations?

why are you limiting the res to that? For that kind of money you can get a great LCD with higher res.

ZaCmAnIaC said:

NEC LCD1990FX-BK

S-IPS

I'm limiting it because my computer is being really bad lately, and not even running WoW smoothly at 1280 by 1024. (2.6 P4, 1 gig of ram, 6800 GT) I don't really want to get a super nice monitor and have my games run like garbage.

And Travbomb, 18 ms response time? Isn't that pretty bad?

You can almost get the Dell 24" for that price, just run your games at a lower res and everything else at the bigger res. You'll love the added room!

I'm quite pleased with the Samsung 971P
Superb monitor. Excellent color, backlight uniformity, response time, and it's a PVA!!!

All for ~$350

ZaCmAnIaC said:
I'm limiting it because my computer is being really bad lately, and not even running WoW smoothly at 1280 by 1024. (2.6 P4, 1 gig of ram, 6800 GT) I don't really want to get a super nice monitor and have my games run like garbage.

And Travbomb, 18 ms response time? Isn't that pretty bad?

That is the on/off resonse I will have to check on the gray to gray.

I would get the biggest screen you can, Text will probably look bad at different resolutions, but in games I can't tell. You will be happier with the extra space too, and it would be a good idea to go widescreen

CircuitCity has the Samsung 22" wide screen 225BW on sale black Friday for 265$....

For your LCD you asked for i would get the ViewSonic VX922, but i'm a gamer and the only that matters to me is response time.

Back