Best $120ish gaming soundcard for a 2.1 setup?

Kayk

Gawd
I currently have Logitech X-230's, and because the way my desk is, I'd rather not upgrade to 5.1 or 7.1 (it will leave a lot of bare wires showing). I currently have a Soundblaster Audigy SE and all I can say is that I get what I pay for.

I mainly play games and listen to music, so X-fi is a must. I can go up to around $180, but I'd rather not unless I can be assured that I get my moneys worth, I'm not too much of an audiophile, but I do prefer to listen to higher quality music, so nothing so high end that it is unnecessary and I won't be able to notice a difference.

Lastly, I am on XP 32 bit, so driver issues shouldn't be a problem.

Not to be mean, but I personally wouldn't spend $100+ on a soundcard for $25 speakers.

That's a good point, I don't have any problems with my speakers (except the subwoofer seems to be weak, others disagree but my dial is set to 100% with all the bass boosting options enabled, and it is 'satisfactory', trust me it's not that powerful). I just thought that I'd get a bigger difference buying a new sound card than buying new speakers.

So I'll take recommendations on 2.1 speaker setups too.

X-Fi XtremeGamer or XtremeMusic (if you can find it). Do not get the XtremeAudio.

If you don't care about EAX (it doesnt do much for a 2.1 setup anyway, in my experience.), then onboard sound is fine on a modern motherboard.

Back