Besides Doom 3/HL2, what else are you excited about?

There's plenty of people I know who love it for XBox but have NEVER played a FPS for the PC. I guess it could be considered good if you had no real halfway-decent standard to compare it to.

Sorry, but the "plenty" of people you've met doesn't encompass a number like four-million strong.

Many, MANY Xbox gamers play the PC regularly (Which is why the Xbox Live online gaming network is so popular...it's a combination of everything PC gamers have wanted over the past few years).

Perhaps you should learn a bit about the Xbox target-demographic before you make half-assed generalizations regarding it.

BTW, Halo was never popular because it was innovative in any one area. It combined the best aspects of several genres into one package and made them accessible through co-op.

Team Fortress 2
Counterstrike 2
Day Of Defeat 2
Stalker
New hl2 mods
quake 4

counterstrike:source
battle for middle earth
MIDDLE EARTH ONLINE MMORPG (even though it wont come out till like late '06, there are already over a million people registered in the forums)
HL2 mods

:D

I've only seen 2 votes for F.E.A.R. ...... why is that? I think F.E.A.R. looks bad ass, definitly something worth looking forward to.... do people just not know what it is.. or just arn't looking forward to playing it.

From the videos I've seen I'm all about how they do the first person view.... looking down and seeing ur legs and feet.. being able to jump kick people in first person view..... fuck yes!!!! :D

I'm also looking forward to StarCraft:Ghost, stalker, CS:S, and other shit :)

DR_K13 said:
is there going to be a ghost recon 2?

From an interview with a Red Storm producer

Is Ghost Recon 2 more about action then, considering the console lead?

Edwards: Ghost Recon had a lot of tension built into it. Action is a bigger thing in Ghost Recon 2. We trying to make it exciting, make big things happen. We still want to keep some of the tension gameplay we had but we don't want to rely on it anymore - we want to give players a larger variety of things to appreciate.

Where I quoted the article,

After what I read in the latest PC gamer, UBI is in the process of screwing this game over. Console on a pc. 3rd person view etc. a quote "UBI proposes to strip it of all the elements that made it so distinctive and refreshing-whether gamers found it on the PC or on an Xbox".and 'it looks like an action-orientated game intended to be played from primarily a third-person perspective. It also jettisons the "jump into bodies" feature of its' forefather, restricting you to one character. It abandons two of the key concepts that made Ghost Recon so unique and so uniquely cool- the slow and steady tension of controlling multiple characters through a mission, plus the essential first person nature of a tactical game. .... as a Ghost Recon fanatic, I can't help but feel like the real sequel is nowhere in sight"

"Rather than ask the real question- What made this game different and refreshing, and how can we push those elements in more accessible directions?-- product managers and corporate executives ask counterproductive questions like 'How can we totally alter this game to sell it to a bigger audience that couldn't care less about what made the first game so different and refreshing?' "

CHANGED:

point of view - not sure
number of troops commanded (and more importantly, number of units working independently of each other)
The ability to inhabit different team members
medic -
weapon pick-up - not sure
atmosphere (from "stealth" to "total war")
kits (pre-set to customizable) not sure
vehicle interaction (whatever that means) cool

RETAINED

Lethality of weapons (I assume) cool
action key rather than automatic pickup/etc. cool
(probably more I'm forgetting, for both lists)

Bottom Line - Ubi is on it's way to wrecking a great game. :mad: :(

mjz_5 said:
Grand Turismo 4 and doom 4 :p

Half-life 3 :D

seriously though, i'm really looking forward to world of warcraft, but thats about it. I don't see too many other intresting pc games coming. And please don't say Brothers in Arms because I will never buy gearbox again.

I am in the WoW beta, and let me assure you that it should be on EVERYBODY'S list :)

I'm really really looking forward to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I loved the first one, thought it was amazing(for its time :p )

Maybe Halo 2 if it doesn't prove to be a horrible game hyped up by console gamers with low standards.

Nice flame-bait there You should wash your mouth out, 'cause what you're saying smells like a big pile of BS.

Well, flame me too-- I just so happen to agree with him... ;)

Now my short list as I see all games are really the *same*...

Quake 4~ Strafe baby, strafe. Trickjumping, Holy Shit's, OMFG'zor!?
Soldiers of Fortune 3~ I liked the SoF2 MP gaming, I'd like some more.
World of WarCraft~ It'd actually be my first MMORPG game to consider but I'm still skeptical. How is this game different from the others is all I'm wondering about.
Dungeon Siege 2~ I got the first. I liked it for a bit, but hoping to see many things improve with the Ver. 2.
Call of Duty Expansion~ I loved the original single player, I want more.
Edit: Counter-Strike Ver. 2~ For some reason I just find the gameplay compelling and I do anticipate the new physics and graphics would greatly increase strategy, etc.

I unfortunately do not have the time for all of these games. How can I make it through my senior year of high school with this delicious mind-pixel-blowing goodness? Just how?

-J.

GeForceX said:
World of WarCraft~ It'd actually be my first MMORPG game to consider but I'm still skeptical. How is this game different from the others is all I'm wondering about.

I can't tell you everything that's different from the other MMORGs, but let me tell you, I've played EQ, SWG, Ashrons Call 1 and 2, and WoW is the only one that keeps me comming back for more. :)

TheGamerZ said:
I can't tell you everything that's different from the other MMORGs, but let me tell you, I've played EQ, SWG, Ashrons Call 1 and 2, and WoW is the only one that keeps me comming back for more. :)

Is that a sign of addiction? WarCrack? :p So, is it really varied and continuously fun and all that? Huge replayability? <-- Nevermind-- keeps you coming back for more.

-J.

Everquest 2
WoW
Brothers in Arms
Stalker - (everyone else is putting this down so I figured I would too even though I don't know what it's about just yet - I'll look it up later)
Duke Nukem Forever - hahah NOT! This game can rot for all I care - too tired of waiting. But if it ever comes out - cool I guess. :p

I can't wait for Fable to come out for xbox. I have been waiting on this one for a long time.

Star Wars: Battlefront looks awesome
Star Wars: Republic Commando looks really cool
Star Wars: KOTOR 2, nuff said

I'm a star wars junkie, but all those games look great anyways. check out the video's on the lucasarts page...

Everquest 2
World of Warcraft
Vanguard
SW: KOTOR II
Ultima X had promise but so much for that one...

I am surprised no one has mentioned Tribes Vengeance yet. Tribes is a very unique fps, you guys should check it out.

kick@ss said:
Stalker and Battlefield 2.
Maybe Halo 2 if it doesn't prove to be a horrible game hyped up by console gamers with low standards.

Yep, yep. Halo is not that great, seriously. There is lots of better games.

I read through this entire thread and I can't believe no one has said one of the top games on my list

Tribes: Vengeance

Damn I can't wait for that game to come out...

Luxor said:
Yep, yep. Halo is not that great, seriously. There is lots of better games.

I think it's all preference. I really liked Halo PC. The only clan I have ever cared to join is a Halo PC clan. I find it fun. Whatever floats your boat.

But yeah I am looking forward to Halo 2 also. Looks cool with the vehicle damage.

GTR, Richard burns rally. Rallisport challenge 2 even if I don´t know it will ever hit the PC.

eyecandy patch Far Cry, F.E.A.R even if that´s next year.

Bard's Tale - I have been reading all the crap on gamespy about it, but I really loved the orginals, so if this one is in the same direction, it should be lots of fun.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
TF2 (maybe my kids can play it, they are currently 2 1/2 & 1)
Pirates!
Fable pc (maybe, please?)

Xrave said:
I read through this entire thread and I can't believe no one has said one of the top games on my list

Tribes: Vengeance

Damn I can't wait for that game to come out...

Haha, beat you by 10 minutes ;)

Pretty much just Quake 4. (Oh, and now RtCW2)

I really wish someone would make a really in-depth single player RPG along the lines of the Ultima series (from the 6-8 trilogy era in style but in 3D.) I refuse to play MMORPGs because I don't like the idea of paying for a game more than once. I also like the depth of story in single player games better. If someone made something like this, I would be looking forward to that as well.

Edit: Oops, 6-8 wasn't a trilogy. :D 7-9 were. (Oh well, I like everything from 6 up.)

F.E.A.R. - top of my list well ahead of D3 or HL2
The Movies - something different
Evil Genius - doesn't everybody want to be one.
STALKER - hopefully it is gritty enough
Far Cry patch 1.3
Sid Myers Pirates
Halo 2 - even if it is not coming out on the PC.
NFSU 2 - hopefully PS2 and PC players will still be able to go head to head. All of these damn cross platforms games should have that feature. If they are going to cross they should connect.

Blood Rayne 2 - better game than you heard and the sequel looks even better.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - if they get it right this should be damn cool.
Rumble Roses - chicks wrestling in mud, etc. How can you complain?

a new castlevania symphony of the night
final fantasy 12 and the remakes of 7 and 8 on ps2

Stalker -- looks awesome, but I'm not sure about the gameplay
GTA: San Andreas -- hopefully it'll come out for PC. It'll put my collection of rap MP3's to good use.
F.E.A.R.
KOTOR 2
NFS Underground 2
MOH: Pacific Assault -- I'm itching to play the Pearl Harbor level
Battlefield 2 -- modern day combat? I'm in!
SWAT 4

mrtyphoon said:
Stalker -- looks awesome, but I'm not sure about the gameplay
GTA: San Andreas -- hopefully it'll come out for PC. It'll put my collection of rap MP3's to good use.
F.E.A.R.
KOTOR 2
NFS Underground 2
MOH: Pacific Assault -- I'm itching to play the Pearl Harbor level
Battlefield 2 -- modern day combat? I'm in!
SWAT 4

You know swat 4: Urban justice was canned right? well the one you're probally thinking of.

They cancelled it and started another Swat game, but i don't know if it'll b elike swat 4 was.

Also, i don't know how I forgot this, but I'm very anixous about:
Vampire: TMB.

and Gothic III

SOF3(if it's in the works) - Hardcore SOFII Junkie Here
DOOMIII
HL2
F.E.A.R.
World of Warcraft
NFSU2

Back