• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BenQ XL2420TE Picture Problems

Ownageske

n00b
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Messages
2
Hey guys,

Recently bought the new BenQ XL2420TE have only had it a few days and have noticed problems from the out go. Have noticed in gradient heavy photos they come pixellated or look like you are pushing your finger on the screen. The best example of this is when the login screen for windows comes up:



Does not matter what preset I have it on they all have varying degrees of this bad image quality including the standard mode.

It also has screen stutter episodes when I am scrolling down pages a line of screen stutter that will slowly make its way up the screen until it reaches the top then begins again down the bottom. Changing the Hertz of the monitor increased or decreases the intensity of the stutter but it is still there on 144Hertz.

Want to get your guys opinion on the problem if its hardware/settings problem or if I have a faulty panel and should return it. Never had a problem with any of my other monitors that I have had set up to the same rig.

Cheers
 
It's actually impressive how bad that is. I'm no expert but I think you've got a defective one.
Assuming the monitor's drivers are installed, your OS is running 32 bit color/set to 144hz in the OS/GPU driver settings and you've eliminated bad cables as a possibility I'd send it in for replacement.
 
I'm getting this as well, most noticeable on the steam homepage

I can't say the monitor is "Broken" Because I had this problem with my XL2420T for like two months after I got it, after which several driver installs and connecting the monitor up 3-4 different ways it fixed itself

Its the worse at 144mhz, less at 120mhz etc just like you reported, its definitely videocard/driver related, I just can't pinpoint where/how to fix this, just after several driver installs etc it fixed itself

*EDIT* I Fixed it!

Problem was using both DVI-D slots, apparently this monitor hates that

Disabling the second DVI and hooking up a HDMI monitor completely fixed the problem

EDIT2: The problem is back again, even if using display port

And no, I didn't hook it up with HDMI, I hooked it up with DVI-D to the BenQ

That said, I changed cables and I saw a LITTLE signal improvement, which leads me to believe my signal problems may be due to interference in my room somehow
 
Last edited:
Back
Top