Benq XL2420TE 299.99$!! (Canadian customers only)

mm its been 299 on amazon when i first found out about this display a few days ago

still not sure if i should buy or not lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It looks available to the US to me.

Also, the monitor is out of stock at Newegg. Amazon raised their price to $340. My guess is Amazon raised the price after Newegg went out of stock.

I just ordered one. It was $289.99 with free shipping. That is $50 cheaper than Amazon at the moment.

Last edited:
Tempting. Just won $250 in fantasy football. Have a 27" 1080p 60hz and have never used 120-144hz before

I almost bought 3 of these recently for surround but after much research I decided to avoid them. They seem to have a lot of color accuracy and quality control problems with high backlight bleed and spontaneous failures, and 'Benq support' is apparently not a real thing. The features are great for the price though, for sure. This and XL2720T were my top choices for several days before I had to write them off. I think NCX might have more to add if he sees this thread...

Tempting. Just won $250 in fantasy football. Have a 27" 1080p 60hz and have never used 120-144hz before

120 and 144Hz is amazing, but only if you have the hardware to be able to drive games at that framerate. The best benefit I notice with my 120Hz display is the mouse cursor, it's very noticable when you have a secondary display that is 60Hz and you move the cursor between the two, it's almost jarring.

If I had the choice between a 1080p, 144Hz display and a 1440p, 60Hz display... I'd go with the 1440p.

I almost bought 3 of these recently for surround but after much research I decided to avoid them. They seem to have a lot of color accuracy and quality control problems with high backlight bleed and spontaneous failures, and 'Benq support' is apparently not a real thing. The features are great for the price though, for sure. This and XL2720T were my top choices for several days before I had to write them off. I think NCX might have more to add if he sees this thread...

this^
I had a 2410T 120hz monitor, which had great colors, but also black crush so dark games I'd often have to turn up the brightness. My gf needed a new monitor since the capacitors in her's was dying. I pickup an Asus vg248qe (has same panel as the Benq 2420TE) because everyone praises it. Every time I look at it after a while or looking at my gf's monitor (my old 2410T), it frustrates me how bad it looks.

I just recently picked up a discounted spyder4express to see if I can fix the colors, if not, I might be trading my monitor for my old one. Buyers beware.

What I don't get is the old Benq had great colors for a TN panel barring the black crush issue, yet these new panels look like ass.

As you can see in my sig I ended up with 3x VE278Q and I'm very, very happy with them. I don't like ASUS the company, but these hit the spot.

120 and 144Hz is amazing, but only if you have the hardware to be able to drive games at that framerate. The best benefit I notice with my 120Hz display is the mouse cursor, it's very noticable when you have a secondary display that is 60Hz and you move the cursor between the two, it's almost jarring.

If I had the choice between a 1080p, 144Hz display and a 1440p, 60Hz display... I'd go with the 1440p.

This, I would rather have the 1440p display. Thats why I have one lol. Right now I want 4k so badly but not sure if its worth it.

I did buy this from amazon, used it for about a week, it hurt my eyes did not enjoy the colors to much, even when i found settings i liked it would not save them every thing would be reset once i turned it off and back on. In the end i returned it. The eye pain it caused was bad :/ I might have had a defective unit actually not sure but ether way think I will go with a 1440p

Back