Benq xl2420t, is it worth buying a hardware calibrator?

Halven

n00b
As the title says, i have spent countless hours calibrating it in the OSD menu and i have also tryed TFTPanels ICC profile but i just can't seem to get a comfortable picture.
So i am wondering if it's worth buying a Spyder 4 express and give it a proper calibration?
I read this review and according to him XL2420T is a "champion" after a hardware calibration compared to the other TN's out on the market.

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/g...706-benq-xl2420t-120hz-3d-monitor-review.html

So what do you think? Have any of you XL2420T owners used a hardware calibrator on yours? Did it make a big difference?
Thanks!

I was trying to find someone that offers a service to do it for me actually, it's still way cheaper than buying a spyder 4.

I was trying to find someone that offers a service to do it for me actually, it's still way cheaper than buying a spyder 4.

Really? Here in sweden the spyder 4 exp sells for 117$ and i know that a TV calibration service costs around 373$, probably a bit cheaper for a computer display tho.

It's worth buying a better monitor for when you're not gaming on that thing.

If you were going to pay someone to do it for you then it would be better to buy the spyder 4. There might be other monitors that you might need to configure in the future.

But has someone here hardware calibrated their 2420t? If so, were you pleased with the results?

no
using a color profile with the benq is ultimately only making things worse
you're better off just calibrating it by-eye

no
using a color profile with the benq is ultimately only making things worse
you're better off just calibrating it by-eye

Yes the ICC profiles i've tested made it look like shit but i'm talking about a real hardware calibration.
Another persons ICC profile might look great on his screen but shit on mine even if we have the same displays.

Yes the ICC profiles i've tested made it look like shit but i'm talking about a real hardware calibration.
Another persons ICC profile might look great on his screen but shit on mine even if we have the same displays.
i'm talking about the same thing ;)
but the problem is that there are too many colors that are too far off
as a result using a profile is rather "costly" on the xl2420t

you may wanna try it if you can get a calibrator for free
but it really isn't worth any money for the benq

Why not? Out of the displays the guy in the review have tested the Benq gave the best results calibrated and the worst not calibrated.

it just makes the colors look even more dull than they already are and there is more banding as well
don't get me wrong though - every monitor i currently use is hardware-calibrated

and calibration results with stuff like "monitor x had a strong purple tinge after calibration" can't be taken seriously

The fact that gamma is not calibrated seems a bit let-down to me.
The PRO version is only $50 more and might worth it.

Back