BenQ XL2420G, g-sync on newegg.

I'd buy one if I hadn't just gotten an unexpected dentist bill (guess they're pretty much always unexpected, those d*** dentist bills :) )

For my desk and my needs, a 24" screen is ideal.
Also I don't mind it's 1080p at all.
But yeah, it's expensive.
I'm probably not as shocked as some of you guys seem to be because of the price though.
Living in Denmark, Scandinavia, I'm used to things being expensive :) (we have a 25% VAT for example)

I will be commencing my review of a retail XL2420G next Wednesday. I will mainly be focusing on the image quality offered with and without G-Sync and Blur Reduction enabled. I know the dimmer the brightness the less blur is exhibited when Lightboost and Blur Reduction is enabled, but know from my own Lightboost experience that it is better to set the monitor to a reasonable brightness (varies depending on room lighting) rather than obsessing over measurements since these monitors look dull and lifeless when using the lower brightness settings and exhibit very little blur when these modes are enabled and set to 100% brightness.

I have a few lights to play with in my 'external light free,' room, all 3 being 6500k/Daylight lights (or a pink+purple+blue strobe light if I want the LIFX light to be) with varying brightness:

LIFX Edison Screw @1000 lumens (I set my monitors 100cdm/2 brightness)
Philips 1500 & 2600 lumen 6500k/Daylight CFL (set my monitors to 120 & 140cdm/2)

I set my monitors brightness based on industry standards (sRGB & REC 709) and by seeing how much brightness hurts my eyes when looking at a white screen.

Last edited:
BENQ is like washout bright by default but once you get them calibrated they are ok.

BENQ is like washout bright by default but once you get them calibrated they are ok.

My BenQ gets about 1.5 gamma, even after changing OSD settings - it's abysmal. I was able to fix it with dispcal, but it's pretty absurd.

Back