BenQ XL2411Z

damstr

[H]ard|Gawd
For anyone that has this monitor what do you think of it? I am looking for a 144Hz monitor for my LAN center and this seems to be the best option out there. I don't want the Asus. Owned one before and the PWM flicker strained the eyes way to much to even consider it. GSYNC the PWM flicker though FYI.

If you can stand looking at a TN panel, Id grab one. My son has one and I have stolen it to use on FPS games. Its a great gaming monitor but after using IPS/PLS panels for years, its tough to walk away from the colors and clarity.

If you have used IPS/PLS panels and like them, Id suggest grabbing the MG279Q. I assume you are looking at the 2411z due to budget?

If you can stand looking at a TN panel, Id grab one. My son has one and I have stolen it to use on FPS games. Its a great gaming monitor but after using IPS/PLS panels for years, its tough to walk away from the colors and clarity.

If you have used IPS/PLS panels and like them, Id suggest grabbing the MG279Q. I assume you are looking at the 2411z due to budget?

I currently have a Dell 2340M IPS monitor and it looks amazing. Colors are vibrant and it works fine for FPS games. No ghosting from CS:GO or DayZ.

To answer your question yes I am looking for the cheapest PWM flicker free 144Hz monitor. I heard the color on the XL2411Z out of the box was horrible but there are plenty of guides for fixing it. Going to suck doing on 40 PC's but oh well.

Ideally I would like to get a GSYNC monitor since I will be using GTX 960's but that's just way to expensive.

Yeah, you have to spend some time adjusting on the 2411z as it does look like crap out of the box. It will be a HUGE adjustment though coming from IPS. And I can assure you, once you play CSGO on a 144hz TN, you WILL notice going back to a slow IPS. Its not about the ghosting, its about the lag/response time and it makes a HUGE difference.

Yeah, you have to spend some time adjusting on the 2411z as it does look like crap out of the box. It will be a HUGE adjustment though coming from IPS. And I can assure you, once you play CSGO on a 144hz TN, you WILL notice going back to a slow IPS. Its not about the ghosting, its about the lag/response time and it makes a HUGE difference.

Oh yeah trust me I know all about that. I had the Asus GSYNC monitor that I sold last year. I switched back to a Dell IPS 60Hz and wanted to cry... I did get use to it again.

I bought the same Model BenQ monitors 6 months ago I like it but kinda wish I just bought the G-sync version. I have it on FPS 1 mode and have it turned down to like 10 brightness 17 contrast. It's a really good monitor if you get it calibrated =) This was my first high refresh monitor
Don't use "Blur Reduction" not only will it make the monitor darker which reduces visibility in games it will cause eyestrain because it flickers....Blur Reduction with this monitor is just a gimmick you won't be able to tell the difference with it OFF anyway.
Just use the monitor for Gaming though I would use another monitor for everything else.
I also heard lots of rumors about the ASUS 144hz hurting people's eyes and making them sick nausea.

If ASUS made a PWM free 1440P or 1080P monitor with Gsync in either 24" or 25" I would be all over that.

Back