BenQ V2400W vs G2400WD

Crankmonkey

Limp Gawd
BenQ V2400W v G2400WD
Whats the differences between them if i have read that the G2400 uses the same TN panel as the V2400 besides the touch buttons and the ability to wall mount?

I mean newegg lists some minor differences, well minor at least to me who dosent know everything about LCDs but do these differences really equate to $50 to $100 in price differences?

i would think the id is the major difference...
You can use "thankyou10" and purchase both models from BenQ store with 10% discount. They got better return policy.

i would think the id is the major difference...
You can use "thankyou10" and purchase both models from BenQ store with 10% discount. They got better return policy.

ok so i get both and then see what i like about them, but do i get 100% credit back to my credit card or am i stuck with 400 some odd dollars at the benq store?

i think it's better for yourself to figure out what you want before you purchase. they allow 30 days return but you still need to pay the fright. I am just saying in case you want to change your mind later it's safer to buy from store with good return policy but not suggesting you buying both and return 1 later...after all the fright is from your own pocket!

ok so i get both and then see what i like about them, but do i get 100% credit back to my credit card or am i stuck with 400 some odd dollars at the benq store?

You'll get the cost of the monitor back, but not the cost of shipping (both the cost to ship it to you and the cost the ship it back). That is easily $60+ that you'll lose.

I have a G2400WD and love it. I think you're right on the money that the G2400WD and V2400W are the same panel with the minor differences you listed. With that in mind, I went with the G2400WD over the V2400W for a couple reasons:
1) The wall mounting capability of the G2400WD. I bought a $35 neoflex stand so that i could have height adjustment (as well as swivel and pivot), and it was well worth it.
2) I hate the asymettric look of the V2400W. But I have a balance problem where everything looks crooked to me, so I'm sure some people prefer the asymettric look.
3) I like the face of my monitor to be as plain as possible so that the only thing I notice when using it is the screen. The face of the G2400WD is all black with only a single led in the bottom center for the power button.
4) The G2400WD was like $50 cheaper, though prices may have changed by now.

So, apart that V2400W has a larger input lag, what are these other differences?

So, apart that V2400W has a larger input lag, what are these other differences?

I woulden't say the V2400W has more input lag. The input lag on the V2400W and G2400WD should be identical if it's the same panel which is sub 1 frame.

G2400WD should be closer to V2400W in panel if not 100% same. They are both 2ms gtg and 1000:1 contrast ratio (DCR 4000:1) while G2400W is 5 ms and no DCR

Well, I have access only to G2400W, not WD, so I can't measure its input-lag. But I think we can agree that the input lag of all these models is surely very low :)
My 2690 has ~30ms and I have no problems with it.

Back