BenQ SW320 - 32" Adobe RGB, DP 1.4

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JargonGR, Mar 19, 2017.

1. JargonGR

JargonGR Limp Gawd

2. Motley

Motley 2[H]4U

3. AngryLobster

AngryLobster [H]Lite

Maybe because you've gotta be out your mind to pay $1K for a 500 nit HDR monitor when you can buy a 49-55 Inch KS8000 that destroys it in every way.

Just goes to show you how over priced monitors are.

4. JargonGR

JargonGR Limp Gawd

Guys it is a Professional monitor that can be calibrated properly and has a hardware 14bit 3D LUT & Delta E≤2 and is also certified by Technicolor.

Not TV or any of the other computer monitors can touch this in color accuracy after calibration. In fact it's price is a bargain for what it offers and competes with NEC and EIZO that cost 2X & 3X more. A few reviews that I read actually call it a bargain.

For color proofing you NEED this since no TV or gaming monitor can be calibrated accurately for the purpose. It is not for gaming.

The KS8000 is nice for content viewing but it is in no way a professional monitor and can not be calibrated professionally since it was never designed for this purpose.

I will wait a bit more to see more reviews but it is already on my BUY list. Now I wish there was a 40" version at the same price but I can dream on.

Armenius likes this.
  5. Tirpitz666

Tirpitz666 n00bie

Yeah, I agree, considering the specs, the price doesn't seem too high to me too.
    The upcoming Asus 32" HDR model will be similarly priced, even a tad more.

For me 32" with 4K it's a bit on the small side, especially considering how bad Photoshop scales..

Armenius likes this.
  6. JargonGR

JargonGR Limp Gawd

Yes, I just wish this was at least 40" but bigger than 32" does not seem to be very popular among professionals. On the other hand, we can never know for sure until manufacturers start offering such panels and bigger sizes.