Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Wait for the Viewsonic VX2435WM

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Wait until Feb/March for the Benq to go down in price

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

cscs

n00b
I'm not sure what to do - get the FP241W, wait for the new Viewsonic 24" or wait for the price of Benq to go down. If you're int he same boat, which do you plan on doing?

My specific use will be console gaming (exclusively). Both LCD's sound comparable in spec? I know that the Viewsonic isn't out, I'm not asking which is better, I'm simply asking people to tell us what they'll be doing in regards to this decision.

How can any1 know that now ? This poll is pointless since no one knows if the Viewsonic will be any good. If I had to gues tho I'd say the BenQ will be a better display. Mainly cause of the huge price diffrence if they are really gonna sell the Viewsonic for 699 dollar. And from what I'd read the BenQ is near perfect if it wasn't for the 1:1 issue which will be solved.

Personally I am waiting for all the new 24" to arrive and then i will make my choice. BenQ is not really an option for me tho. Way too expensive compared to other 24".

I didn't ask which is better. I asked which you think you'll get or which you plan on doing. This is a poll for people who are in the same boat as me -- are you going to wait it out for a price drop, wait to see if the viewsonic is better or are you just going to get the benq now.

I have been thinking that same thing. I am waiting till April before i make up my mind and may not buy till this summer. Right now its between the Benq or Gateway but i am willing to wait and see if anything comes out or prices become better. I'll have to add the viewsonic to my list of possible 24" screens. :p I just hope my CRT stops going wonky and makes it till i pick up a new 24" lcd.

i'm in the exact same boat. i am waiting for the viewsonic to come out. until then there is really nothing to do but wait. it is difficult though, my ps3 is eager to push out some 1080p goodness.

How do we know the BenQ will go down in price in the next few weeks?:confused:
We don't, but in a couple of months there will be new 24 inch LCDs out by Samsung, LG, Viewsonic, and Sceptre, as well as BenQ's higher end WZ and VW models. The price on the BenQ has already been falling, so it could very well drop down further to compete with the upcoming monitors. Even if it doesn't, there's always a chance that the new monitors will be good alternatives, and some of them retail for quite a bit less (the Sceptre is supposed to retail for $599). Like all computer equipment, you can always wait forever for something better to come out, but in this case, it seems like some good stuff is right around the corner. So unless you need a new monitor this minute, it may be good to wait a bit.

Back