BenQ FP241W or HP LP2475W

Poro

n00b
Hello!

I'm buying a new display in a week and I have come down to two options, HP LP2475W with a H-IPS panel and the Benq FP241W with a panel I am not sure of. Most say it's a S-PVA though. The display would mostly be used for gaming and Internet surfing. I might occasionally watch a movie or do some graphics, but it doesn't happen so often that it is even worth mentioning. Price doesn't really matter, as there is only 50€ difference. What I want is a display with excellent image quality and fast enough for FPS gaming.

So the question is, which one?

Thanks in advance!

I bought the Benq fp241VW last Thursday. I expect it to arrive on Monday. For me it was a difference of money, and a faster more responsive screen for gaming. It is definitely not a perfect monitor... but for me, a great compromise and a great choice overall. At least that is what I thought last week. I think I got a better monitor for me... and of course a bit cheaper as well.

I bought the Benq fp241VW last Thursday. I expect it to arrive on Monday. For me it was a difference of money, and a faster more responsive screen for gaming. It is definitely not a perfect monitor... but for me, a great compromise and a great choice overall. At least that is what I thought last week. I think I got a better monitor for me... and of course a bit cheaper as well.
Thanks for your input. Are you sure that the FP241W is more responsive? According to Digital Versus, it is actually 10 ms worse on average. So is the FP241W an S-PVA? I'd like to get this clarified for me.

Anyone believe I should get the HP one?

Bump! I'd like to get my monitor as fast as I can, so please help if you can!:p

FP241VW is an MVA and there was an input lag test done by a member here (10e i think?) which showed that the input lag was quite low.

No idea on the HP so I won't recommend one over the other, though I do own an FP241VW.

Input lag on the HP is 25.0ms on average, according to TFT Central. Mine is on the way :D

Hmm... I'm leaning on the HP one also myself. The main gripe I've read about it is the oversaturated colors in sRGB mode. Could someone explain what is sRGB mode to me? Is there anyway to change the settings so it wouldn't be oversaturated? I tried wikipedia and it said something about color gamuts, but I am not quite sure what it was about.

Hmm... I'm leaning on the HP one also myself. The main gripe I've read about it is the oversaturated colors in sRGB mode. Could someone explain what is sRGB mode to me? Is there anyway to change the settings so it wouldn't be oversaturated? I tried wikipedia and it said something about color gamuts, but I am not quite sure what it was about.

It seems that it IS bad in sRGB mode, but that's a mode either you'll want to use, or you won't:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_lp2475w.htm

Honestly, it seems that if you don't know what sRGB is, it shouldn't be a deciding factor for you.

It seems that it IS bad in sRGB mode, but that's a mode either you'll want to use, or you won't:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_lp2475w.htm

Honestly, it seems that if you don't know what sRGB is, it shouldn't be a deciding factor for you.
So it shouldn't matter me in any way? Did I understand right, that sRGB mode actually won't show as many colours as the LP2475W would in non-sRGB?

Guess, it is alright then, that the sRGB mode won't work properly. I believe I am now going to order the HP LP2475W. Hopefully I didn't take the wrong option.:)

Back