BenQ BL2710PT made a pop sound and distorted image

Kujen

n00b
I just received my new BenQ BL2710PT monitor. After a few hours use, I had it just sitting on the desktop and moving my mouse when it suddenly made a pop sound, the display distorted and turned off, and then immediately came back on. Everything works fine now though, as if nothing happened. It was only like that for a second. But what was this pop sound, and is it potentially dangerous?

I also have what I think are a lot of stuck green pixels. I can only see them up close on a dark background. They aren't visible on a bright background. So is this monitor defective?

I tried to send it back to Amazon for a replacement, but they are out of stock and will only offer a refund. I really like the monitor otherwise, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't really want a refund because I bought it at a good price with a gift card. My only options seem to be to wait to see if they get it in stock within 30 days, pay a lot more to buy from a third party seller, buy a refurb, or RMA it to BenQ (in which case they'd probably just send me back a refurb).

Are the stuck green pixels a result of the 'pop sound'?

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine a popping noise would have something to do with the monitor's power supply.

The green pixels were there from the moment I got it, before the pop sound occurred. I don't understand what the pop was considering everything seems to be functioning fine right after it happened.

Send that crap back. You can try the Samsung S32D850T. Same panel but i havent had the same issues i had with the BenQ.

The pop was a bad capacitor probably. Most likely in the power supply. I'd send it back while it's new so no hassles.

Back